CTI integration and Agent Mapping with Ext.

May 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hi All,

I installed the CCA and everything works fine. Then I installed the softphone that comes with UII and I tested it and its working fine. Its just Im not able to create a mapping between the agent and his extension. I want to emulate the call between the softphone and the Agent Desktop.

Thanks all,

May 21, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Hi Mabushaireh,

Can you provide me the steps to install softphone.I want to test the phone application or redirect me to some document .

thx in Advance

May 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Hi,

In your agent desktop config file, add the 2 config settings:

<add key="MachineName" value="Jane (3331)"/>
<add key="ctiType" value="2">

Start agent desktop

2 means that you are using the TAPI protocol.

To emulate TAPI:

1. Copy the file TapiDemo.tsp from the UII framework directory to the Windows System32 directory.
  2. In windows, open Phone and Modem Options from the control panel.
  3. Select the Country/Region and Area code as shown in the below figure.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Click the Advanced tab.
  6. Click Add.
  7. Double-click the Emulator for TAPI service provider.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Start Softphone.exe
  10. In the Softphone for Testing window, select a device from the List of devices.
  11. Click Open.
  12. Click Call and type 3331 in the Number textbox.
  13. Click Dial.

in the agent desktop, the ANSWER button should turn green.

May 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Hi, 

I installed CCA and integration mapping between Agent Desktop and Softphone is not working. I tired adding 

<add key="ctiType" value="2" />

to the AgentDesktop.exe.config file and followed the softphone configuration also.

When  opening the agent desktop, it is throwing fatal error .

Am  i missing any step. Please advice me.

Thanks

May 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM

I guess you have missing assemblies in your bin folder

(the exception should tell you that)

Make sure you have these assemblies in your runtime folder:

TapiWrapper.dll
Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.Core.dll
Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.Controls.dll
CtiLayerTapi.dll
Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.dll
Microsoft.Uii.Csr.Cti.Providers.dll
Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.Cti.Samples.CtiRoot.dll

May 26, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Hi ypitsch,

Thanks for your input, i have added the dll to the agent desktop.

I am receiving another error message. Whenever i call an agent through softphone, the agent desktop throws the below error message and after clicking ok, the answer button in agent desktop is enabling.

Action "CtiLookupRequest" could be fired because target application "wpfcustomersearch" is unavailable/disabled.

How to avoid the alert error message. please advice.

Thanks

May 27, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Can you try to rename your customer search hosted application to wpfcustomersearch?

May 28, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Hi ypitsch,

i am trying to integrate Agent desktop with CTI. i have copied all the 7 dlls mentioned by you to bin folder of agent desktop. and when i run the agent desktop i am geeting the below error,

"Configuration settings not found for section = Microsoft.Uii/Csr.Cti.Providers.TelephonyProvider"

please help me.

Thanks

May 28, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Make sure to follow the CCA install guide - configuration change for CTI

• If you need to enable CTI, in the section <sectionGroup name="Microsoft.Uii"> the AgentDesktop.exe.Config file, add the following entries.
    XML Copy Code
    <sectionGroup name="Microsoft.Uii">

<sectionname="Csr.Cti.Providers.TelephonyProvider"type="Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers" />

<sectionname="Csr.Cti.Providers.LineClassProvider"type="Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers" />

<sectionname="Csr.Cti.Providers.LinesClassProvider"type="Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers" />

<sectionname="Csr.Cti.Providers.CallClassProvider"type="Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers" />

<sectionname="Csr.Cti.Providers.CallsClassProvider"type="Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers.Configuration.ProviderConfigurationHandler, Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers" />

</sectionGroup>

• In the section <Microsoft.Uii> of the AgentDesktop.exe.Config file, add the following entries.
    XML Copy Code
    <Microsoft.Uii>
        <Csr.Cti.Providers.TelephonyProviderdefaultProvider="TapiTelephonyAdapter">
          <providers>
            <addname = "TapiTelephonyAdapter"type = "Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.TapiTelephonyAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi" />
          </providers>
        </Csr.Cti.Providers.TelephonyProvider>
        <Csr.Cti.Providers.LineClassProviderdefaultProvider="TapiLineClassAdapter">
          <providers>
            <addname = "TapiLineClassAdapter"type = "Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.TapiLineClassAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi" />
          </providers>
        </Csr.Cti.Providers.LineClassProvider>
        <Csr.Cti.Providers.LinesClassProviderdefaultProvider="TapiLinesClassAdapter">
          <providers>
            <addname = "TapiLinesClassAdapter"type = "Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.TapiLinesClassAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi" />
          </providers>
        </Csr.Cti.Providers.LinesClassProvider>
        <Csr.Cti.Providers.CallClassProviderdefaultProvider="TapiCallClassAdapter">
    <providers>
            <addname = "TapiCallClassAdapter"type = "Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.TapiCallClassAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi" />
          </providers>
        </Csr.Cti.Providers.CallClassProvider>
        <Csr.Cti.Providers.CallsClassProviderdefaultProvider="TapiCallsClassAdapter">
          <providers>
            <addname = "TapiCallsClassAdapter"type = "Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.TapiCallsClassAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi" />
          </providers>
        </Csr.Cti.Providers.CallsClassProvider>
      </Microsoft.Uii>

• May 29, 2010 at 6:56 AM

hi ypitsch

i tried adding dll "CtiLayerTapi.dll" but i could not add this particular dll to the ida agent desktop project.

i have added all the dlls into bin folder except this dll.

what may the issue? pls help

with regards

naren

May 29, 2010 at 7:37 AM

Ignore my last message. it is working fine now. just restarted visual studio and it worked like gimmick!.

with regards

naren

May 29, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Hi ypitsch,

:-) Thank you very much for the solution. After added the entry into the config file, it works fine.

Thanks,

Senthil.

May 29, 2010 at 11:11 AM

hi ypitsch,

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.Cti.Samples.CtiRoot.SelectCallDlg.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.Cti.Samples.CtiRoot" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

This is the error iam getting while clicking on hold, conference or any call state controls on agent desktop window.

What will be the issue?

With Regards

Naren

May 30, 2010 at 5:37 AM

Ensure that Build Action for SelectCallDlg.resx is set to "Embedded Resource"

May 31, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Hi muditv

The build action for SelectCallDlg.resx is set to  "Embedded Resource" only.

Still iam getting the above mentioned error.

With regards

Naren

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Hi

I want to emulate the call between the softphone and the Agent Desktop.

I have already set up the application as mentioned in above posts.

When I try to call from softphone , Answer button on agent desktop doesnt get activated.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Aswad

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Your Server is of 32 bits or 64 bits?

And.. did you configure Country/Region = United States and Area Code = 0 in Phone and Modem Options and then added the Emulator for TAPI service provider ??

Jul 20, 2010 at 5:49 AM

Hi,

analaurette : server is 32 bit. I have configured Country as US and area code =0 and then added emulator for TAPI service provider. Am I missing out any other step?

For reference would you kindly see below mentioned comments in RED?

In your agent desktop config file, add the 2 config settings:

<add key="ctiType" value="2">

Start agent desktop

2 means that you are using the TAPI protocol.

To emulate TAPI:

1. Copy the file TapiDemo.tsp from the UII framework directory to the Windows System32 directory.
    2. In windows, open Phone and Modem Options from the control panel.
    3. Select the Country/Region and Area code as shown in the below figure.  (Here I have selected Country as US and Area Code as 0 , I have not modified any other option)
    4. Click OK.
    5. Click the Advanced tab.
    6. Click Add.
    7. Double-click the Emulator for TAPI service provider.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Start Softphone.exe
    10. In the Softphone for Testing window, select a device from the List of devices.  (which device should I select?)
    11. Click Open.
    12. Click Call and type 3331 in the Number textbox.
    13. Click Dial.

in the agent desktop, the ANSWER button should turn green. (Answer button is not getting enabled)

Regards,

Aswad

Jul 27, 2010 at 7:13 PM
    2. Copy the files found in Microsoft Uii/Framework/ to the  AgentDesktop folder (where the agentdesktop.exe is located):

TapiWrapper.dll
    Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.Core.dll
    Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.Controls.dll
    CtiLayerTapi.dll
    Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.Adapter.Tapi.dll
    Microsoft.Uii.Csr.Cti.Providers.dll
    Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.Cti.Samples.CtiRoot.dll

1. In windows, open Phone and Modem Options from the control panel.
    2. Select the Country/Region and Area code as shown in the below figure.  (Here I have selected Country as US and Area Code as 0 , I have not modified any other option) its ok
    3. Click OK.
    4. Click the Advanced tab.
    5. Click Add.
    6. Double-click the Emulator for TAPI service provider.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Start Softphone.exe
    9. In the Softphone for Testing window, select a device from the List of devices.  (which device should I select?  I selected Susanne Eichholz because I added one entry in contacts with her phone number her name and other fake data to simulate the call and open the contact info)
    10. Click Open.
    11. Click Call and type 3331 in the Number textbox.
    12. Click Dial.
    13. If the Answer button doesnt work and it deploys the error:  ‘ Action "CtiLookupReqest" could not be fired because target appliation "WpfCustomerSearch" is unavailable/disabled.’
    14. you have to go to Hosted Applications  into UII Settings and open the "Customer Search" entry and change it name like "WpfCustomerSearch". Done this, you have to try again.

If any of this doesnt work, I think you should rebuild your agent desktop config file (app.config) because you added the (Jane 3331) lines.. I did it!!  and it worked!

let me know if it works.!

Regards

Jul 31, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I added the tapidemo.tsp to windows\system32 folder, when i go to Phone and Modem options/Advanced i can't find Emulator Tapi Service Provider? any ideas?

Regards

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    Edited Aug 1, 2011 at 7:20 AM

Hi.,

First You check your machine is 32 bit or 64 bit.The UII softphone allows you to simulate CTI events using a TAPI service provider for 32- bit computer only.

Lings