Customer Care Accelerator (CCA) Installation

May 11, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hello ,

I'm trying to install this accelerator to test this thing out.. :-)
But I'm facing a lot of problems when it comes to the integration of it.

I'm following the CCA Deployment Guide.chm as delivered.

At this moment I'm at "WPF CAB Integration", and facing my first problem here:

13 - Copy the DLL file to UII framework folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft Uii\Framework.
14 - Compile the IAD project.
15 - Copy Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.dll to the framework folder C:\Program Files x (86)\Microsoft Uii\Framework for 64-bit machine. This is a modified version of the WPFCAB assembly. 

I succeeded step 13, but now step 14: Compile the IAD project. Say what? What project are you guys suddenly speaking of? And is it necessary? (as step 15 speaks of 64 bit machines, mine is 32-bit)

Net step in de guide is : "Modifying Configuration and Building the Solution":

1 - Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Uii\CCA\Source Code\Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.AgentDesktop.sln. In the agent desktop project, open app.config file, update the CRM URL and organization as shown in the following example.  -- DONE ---
2 - If you need to update Internet Facing Deployment (IFD), change the following settings in the app.config file. --WE ARE NOT USING IFD, SO I SKIPPED THIS-
3 - If you need to enable CTI, in the section <sectionGroup name="Microsoft.Uii"> the AgentDesktop.exe.Config file, add the following entries. --WE DON'T NEED CTI atm, SO I SKIPPED THIS---
4 - Re-build the solution. -> OK DONE

I am doing it right? 

Any help would really be appriaceted! ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Robin

May 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM

You need to copy the modified Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.Dll into the ..\Microsoft UII\Framework Directory. If you have done that, you are good.

Looking at the doc’s it looks like #15 should have been a note instead of a step.

IAD project is short for “Integrated Agent Desktop” and is a general reference to any Agent Desktop built on UII that is using WPF. In the case of CCA its referring to Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.AgentDesktop.sln.

As to your other question.. looks right.. is it not working?

May 11, 2010 at 1:35 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I'm at "Importing Data Maps" and at the first step I'm getting:

Invalid Microsoft Dynamics CRM record type: <TargetEntityName> 'uii_hostedapplication'

I guess I did something wrong during the install of UII? When I access UII settings in the CRM menu it gives me the same error: 

Could not find an entity with specified entity name: uii_hostedapplication

Thanks in advance,

Robin

May 11, 2010 at 1:54 PM

It sounds like the install of the UII Customizations failed on your CRM Server.
You need to be on at Rollup 9 for the Installer to work properly.

To correct,

Run the UII Installer again, choose change, and remove the CRM Customizations.
Let it complete.

Then Run the UII Installer again, choose change, and Add the CRM Customizations again.. when you get to the CRM information window, verify that your Org name is correct, then allow it to complete installing.

You can verify UII is installed on CRM by going to the Settings->Uii Settings area and verifying it loads the UII Admin screen.

Don’t bother with anything else till you have confirmed that is working.

May 11, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Reinstalled, same problem. Damn...

(Rollup 10 is installed)

May 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM

Did the installer report an error? or did it end with a message saying that Installer did NOT complete?

Also are you trying to do the install of the CRM bits Remotely from the CRM server? Or are you doing the install on the CRM server?

May 11, 2010 at 3:53 PM
Edited May 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM

The installer does not report an error. It gives a completion conformation.

I'm doing the install on the CRM server.

If I take a look: No plug-in installed, no entities are added, ...

The only thing I notice that after the installation my sqlserver goes sky rockets to 100% CPU...

May 11, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I suggest you run the UII intaller with log option

msiexec.exe /i <UII Setup filename> /l*v "InstallLog.log

Then maybe you can share your log file..