Why does the CCA pop up two login boxes again when I completed the CCA's login?

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:11 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
Dear firends,
I have a question/problem as below.
I added two Web Hosted Applications in UII Hosted Application and the "Application is Global" are both set checked.
Every Web Hosted Applications are one of web page in CRM as below.
1.my dashboard's url is:
http://10.0.0.186:5555/isWater/workplace/home_dashboards.aspx?dashboardId=3FBCDD9A-7412-E411-93ED-42F2E92885A9
"Application is Global" is checked;
2.serviceinfo's(one entity) url is:
http://10.0.0.186:5555/isWater/main.aspx?etn=hxcs_serviceinfo&pagetype=entitylist&viewid=%7b32530437-3A58-4FFA-846F-49D8F6611613%7d&viewtype=1039
"Application is Global" is checked;
After I completed the configurations,the CCA will pop up two login boxes when I completed the CCA login.
I know the two login boxes are related to the two web page of CRM.
But I don't want the two login boxes to pop up again in this moment because I have completed the CCA's login.

Would you please share the experience with me if you have the solution for this case?
Many thanks!
Sep 26, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Hi Aaron,

I'm assuming that those web applications use Windows Integrated Authentication, meaning that they will use the credentials from the windows user. If you open Internet Explorer without CCA from the same machine and hit those URLs do you also get the login prompt?, if that's the case your issue looks to be related to the Internet Explorer configuration for intranet websites. If the site uses Windows Integrated Authentication and the client PC is domain joined and the user is logged in then you should not have the need to enter your credentials again, the same happens with CCA, you mentioned that you "completed the CCA login", in the scenario I described CCA should start without asking for username/password.

If that's not your scenario please add all the relevant information to your question, type of authentication, client OS version, etc.,
Sep 26, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Hi dtriana,
Thanks for your reply.
Please refer to my answer as below for your question.

"If you open Internet Explorer without CCA from the same machine and hit those URLs do you also get the login prompt?"
The tested result is : No,I don't get the login prompt in this situation.

" if that's the case your issue looks to be related to the Internet Explorer configuration for intranet websites. If the site uses Windows Integrated Authentication and the client PC is domain joined and the user is logged in then you should not have the need to enter your credentials again, the same happens with CCA, you mentioned that you "completed the CCA login", in the scenario I described CCA should start without asking for username/password. "
My answer is:Yes, I confirm that what you said is right.

BTW,
Today,I configured the Internet Explorer option configuration for intranet websites.
The detailed configuration is I checked the "use current user and password to login" for custom level of IE local intranet. The test result was that the two login prompt boxes were disappeared.

I want to know if there are any other solution for this case beside the obove.

client PC OS version: windows 7 with a domain joined.
Would you please guide me get the "type of authentication"
Thanks a lot.