CCA - Dynamic Application - Pass Data to Default Action

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Edited Jan 30, 2014 at 5:10 AM
Hi,

I have a Scenario, where I need to Create a Dynamic Application and Perform Action based on some Parameter. For Example, I have a System, where I have 2 options to do based in 1) Search Result 2) Display Result. The Dynamic Application, Default Action has to Branch out based on the parameter I like DoSearch or DoDisplay. How can we do this in CCA? The System i will search is not a CRM Application. It is an Legacy Web Based customer Search Application.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Aravind
Jan 30, 2014 at 6:49 AM
Hi Aravind,
You need to create "action" for that particular hosted application [Dynmic application in your case], To create a new action browse CRM url with admin rights
Go to>> Settings>>UII settings >> Hosted Application >> double click on your hosted Dynamic application >> go to UII action and create a new action.

Now, Come back to your CCA code and invoke this Dynamic app into it [write a class inheriting "WeaplicationAdapter" ], override the DoAction( , ) method in this class...
and call the action here in this method....action.name= ""action_name_created_inCRM_UII>" then you can perform the search....

This above action can be called from any other hosted app class (by sending some search/any data)via FireRequestAction ( , ,) method.....

Hope this may help you...

Regards,
NitiN