hosted web app not responding

Jan 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM
I have a legacy web site that I'm integrating into CCA as a hosted web application. When browsing the web site in Internet Explorer outside of CCA, the site will sometimes cause IE to hang, most likely because of some long running javascript. When hosted in CCA, the site causes the entire CCA application to become unresponsive. Does CCA/UII have anything to help with this? If not, has anyone encountered this before and come up with a solution? We've tried several combinations of the UII hosted app configuration settings such as toggling the "new process" switch, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks,
Paul
Jan 25, 2014 at 12:40 AM
I realized I didn't explain the behavior I'm hoping for. I want the rest of the controls on the CCA application to remain responsive even if this particular web hosted app becomes unresponsive. For example, if the web hosted app is in a tab item of the main panel's tab control, I should be able to switch to other tabs even if the web hosted app stops responding.
Jan 29, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Hi cascadia,

I am not sure but if you use default browser i.e., WebHostedBrowser you can dig around for the specific timeout that the site can send as a non response time and can build the solution to focus other apps...

Another option would be creating your own browser using AxWebBrowser in CCA and launch this site via AxWebBrowser. Now,you can actually control behavior of your site more controls will be exposed to you and you can control the response time of site.....

Regards,
NitiN