Need help in creating a session from a silverlight control.

Oct 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Hi

I have a Silverlight control which can return several clickable lists of CRM entities. When the user double clicks one of the lines in the list it open the corresponding CRM entity. If they click on a hyperlink it can open the CRM entity associated with the link.

In the agent desktop I have setup may hosted application to display the Silverlight app and it all works as it should. What I need to do is when the user clicks to open one of the listed entities or hyperlink, I need it to create a session like clicking a case off the My Dashboard tab in the sample agent desktop, which creates a session and opens the case and the related customer.

I think I understand how to create the session and open the tabs which I need. What I am missing is how to trigger the session creation workflow when the user clicks on the Silverlight control.

Since the control can display different entities I would also need to know which type of entity or entity linked to the hyperlink would open when clicked.

The control is PowerSearch by MSCRM-Addons.

Thanks Paul
Nov 4, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Hi

I have setup a workflow with an event monitor on newWindow3 (RegisterActionForEvent, web:NewWindow3") and it does trigger when the Silverlight is being initiated on the web page. The wf xmal is called HandlePopupFromPowerSearch and is referenced in the default action.

With Mage Popups checked the popups which occur when clicking on links and controls in Silverlight are blocked.

However when links and controls are clicked the newWindow3 event is not triggered. Is there an event which I can monitor in a workflow so that I can capture the creation/blocking of the popups?

Thanks Paul

P.S. This is an urgent requirement.
Nov 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2013 at 4:34 PM
EDIT:
just read
The control is PowerSearch by MSCRM-Addons.
sorry

Hi Paul,

can you modify the Silverlight control? Ive never done this by myself but read a topic in the UII Development Guide which could be a solution for your issue.

Search for "UII Action Protocols" in the UII Development Guide. The chapter describes, how to trigger a UII Action via a website. Basically you have to create a link following a special syntax.
<HTML>
  <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Sample UII Protocol Call</TITLE>
  </HEAD>
  <BODY
    <A href="UII://MyApp/MyAction?<GetFocus>true</GetFocus>">Click to execute an action</A></FONT></P>
  </BODY>
</HTML>
The WebApps WebAdapter than handles that request. Once you got this working it is easy to achieve your goals via the triggered UII Actions.

hth

Niklas