CCA and SAP

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Hi all,

Have anyone tried to integrate SAP to CCA?
I have tried to do that but I have got some problem witch SAP control`s bindings.
Example:
When you want to log on into SAP, there is log on window. This window consists of several panels and there are input fields (like username, password) and buttons in the main panel. But if I use inspector tools I only get information about panel, not controls within.
Have anyone of you met with this kind of issue? Thanks in advance.

linkoss
Jun 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Hi,

You will need SAP GUI for Windows to accomplish this.
The controls that are used by SAP are not classic Win32 controls but are rendered by an internal proprietary protocol.

Regards,
Nico
Jun 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Edited Jun 5, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Hi Nico,

first of all, thank you for your response.

We are using SAP GUI as you can see in the attached picture.
What I am talking about is that no matter what inspector tool we have used (Inspect Objects tool, Spy++, UII Inspect in VS) we can not get any information about those fields in highlighted panel in the middle. Every tool catches only this panel and says there is nothing inside. We need those bindings to use CCA WF/Automations in our solution.
Do you have any idea?

SAP GUI img:
http://imageupload.co.uk/files/9gn58jywzgltjzw87b5i.jpg

Thanks,
Best regards,
linkoss
Jun 6, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Try using SAP HTML GUI or SAP JAVA GUI instead of native SAP GUI that uses a proprietary UI framework.

Let me know if it works. I am also very interested in automating SAP. I am working for a company that created an GUI automation tool and we are looking to extend it to work with SAP and we have found that it is much easier to work with HTML or java based SAP GUI.

If you really need to automate native SAP GUI a workaround would be to use image based recognition and screen OCR. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss about your project.

Thanks,
Daniel
Jun 6, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Edited Jun 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Thanks Daniel for your suggestions:)

As for SAP HTML GUI, this would be very great solution, but customer wants to use SAP GUI for Windows (because of processes used in SAP GUI for Windows)

As for GUI automation tool:
That tool looks really great and useful. But unfortunately it did not help. I was able to catch controls only with image based recognition as you said, what is great, but when we lost focus on that window, tool couldn`t find the control anymore and throw an error. This could be a big problem in our solution, because we need to allow user to work with CCA during SAP processes running in background.

Thanks,
BR
linkoss
Jun 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Hi,

In one of the previous projects I did we used SAP GUI SPY.
The problem is that I don't know where my customer got it from.
Maybe worth to Bing it up? :0)
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Hi,

I have read that SAP GUI SPY should be part of HP LoadRunner application, but I havn't tried it.
Our leadership have decided to use SAP GUI for Java.

I was able to install Java accessibillity bridge successfully as far I know, because Java Monkey/Ferret is working well. But when I had tried to use JavaDDA in bindings, CCA threw error "Unable to instantiate specified Data Driven Adapter type."
FYI we are using win7 environment, so the problem shoudn't be here.

Do you have any ideas guys?
Thanks,
linkoss