HAT Software Factory for Visual Studio 2012

Apr 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there are plans to release a version of the HAT Software Factory installer (Microsoft.Uii.Tools.Inspector.vsix ) that will work on VS 2012?
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:53 PM
+1

we have a strong need for that also
Apr 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Please file a feedback for this on Connect, and get folks to vote it up.
https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions

Thanks
Mattb-MSFT
Jun 28, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Edited Jun 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM
i would like to upvote that suggestion but the page cannot be found!?

EDIT: ok, upvoted .. one should register for Dynamics CRM Section first .. otherwise there is a permission problem

Thanks for the Suggestion anyway =)
Aug 29, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I registered myself on to crmcc.codeplex.com to get get HAT factory for VS 2012 but it still says page cannot be found. Can someone please provide me the relevant link to download the same. Early response is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Aug 29, 2013 at 7:46 AM
I had the same problem! You have to register for the Dynamics CRM Section first. This have to be done on the connect.microsoft.com portal.

hth
Aug 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Thanks fro your prompt response. I have registered on to connect.microsoft.com portal but still getting the same error page cann not be found. Do I need to register explictly to Dynamics CRM Section? which I am not able to locate it inside connect.microsoft.com portal. Please suggest.
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:21 AM
Edited Aug 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
The Portal has totally changed since my last visit. I guess it works that way:
  1. In the upper right menu go to "Home"
  2. There you can search for Products -> search for Dynamics Crm
  3. somewhere at the resultspage you should be able to "subscribe" for that product
  4. after that you should be able to upvote our suggestion
hth

EDIT:

HEY COMMUNITY PLEASE UPVOTE THAT SUGGESTION AS IT IS CRUCIAL TO THE CCA...THX
Aug 29, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thanks for your help. It worked for me. By any chance do you know if we have HAT software Factory available for VS 2012?
Aug 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM
i really dont know .. i have a vs2010 running parallel for that kind of jobs but its not really convenient.
the comment a ms connect says:
Thanks for your suggestion, we will be considering this for a future release of CRM.
where i dont can see how the VS Extension has something to do with some kind of CRM release .. i dont see a big chance there which points out how "important" the cca is to ms ..

:-(
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Agreed!!...looks like I am left with only option is to install VS2010 for this purpose. I have done a thorough research but not able to find out HAT software factory for VS 2012.
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Edited Aug 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
no, there is none so far. Ive also tried to change some descriptor files inside of the .vsix archive like ive done successfully installing the uii project starter extension but that didnt work out in this case.

personally i dont think we will see a compatible version in the near future which is a shame because we already changed our solution to use .NET 4.5 because of the gread async capabilities.

anyway .. happy coding and again:

HEY COMMUNITY PLEASE UPVOTE https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/791404/upgrade-the-cca-hat-software-factory-to-be-compatible-with-visual-studio-2012 AS IT IS CRUCIAL TO THE CCA...THX