Not getting the custom entity details in CCA Agent Desktop

Feb 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Hi Matt,

I have added a custom entity which is related to Contact and i have hosted the custom entity as a web application in CCA Agent Desktop main panel. So, on incoming call i am getting the details of contact for a customer but i am not getting the custom entity details which is related to Contact for that customer. Below is the error message which i am getting:-

__Server Error:-
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.__
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Based on that error message it looks like the URL you have configured for your custom entity is incorrect. What URL are you using?
Feb 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Hi jwinchell,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i am trying to show the Associated view of custom entity which is related to Contact Entity, in Agent Desktop tab. So, any idea how this can be done.
Feb 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Assuming that you are on CCA R2 and CRM 2011 is the platform utilized (which I assume it is), I wouldn't display the associated view in another tab. CRM 2011 supports Sub-Grids inside of a form. This basically is the associated view but has a few more bells/whistles to enhance the user experience. Personally, I would configure the form and add a Sub-Grid of your custom entity to the contact form. Then when the contact form pops open in your CCA Tab, the related records are available and visible right away in the same window.

If you still want to go the other route, then you need to leverage the Internet Explorer Developer Tools a little bit. Open your contact record and then press F11 to start the development tools. Use the "Find Element By Click" feature and click on the Navigation link (left-hand nav of the Contact) and click on your custom object. That will give you the URL (you can also use fiddler). In your action you'll just need to use %CustomerID% in the query string to plugin the ID of the Customer from CRM.

Jeremy