Plugin for CTI in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Edited Nov 16, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Hi,

I have been trying to add embedded CTI functionality in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 using Cisco UCCX. Till now i have been able to find integration only using Customer Care Accelerator but that is not embedded in the CRM rather it is an integrated agent desktop that supports TAPI integration.

I wanted to know if there is an SDK/API that can help me add Embedded CTI functions like a plug-in in the CRM that would support Cisco UCCX.

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM

For any CTI solution you wish that publishes and API, you can create a CTI adapter for that solution. There are examples of a CTI adapter in the CCA Examples and the Solution Starters on the Visual Studio Gallery provide a template.

Mattb-msft

Nov 20, 2012 at 4:26 AM

The CTI functionality provided in the CCA example is supporting TAPI events/functions and is not embedded in the CRM browser which is what we need. Currently it is an Integrated agent desktop with CTI call control and a CRM tab.

We actually need to develop a plug-in for Dynamics CRM 2011 that could embed CTI functions and features within the CRM window. If you can provide any API/SDK that would help us do this it would be great.

Thanks. 

Nov 20, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Most reliable way to make that work ( and is supported ) is to use somthing like CCA to drive the Browser Window URL's,
If you’re really adventures you could develop an IE Specific Browser Extension that would do it,   however as I said.. Most folks do this with a client side runtime.

Mattb.