UII Templates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM VS2012

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Dear Matt,

I would like to know, if it is possible, understand what should be your strategy around the client solution site, what I meant? I could understand that you are working in update the UII VS template for VS 2012, my question is, are you updating the previous templates for VS 2012 or, are you redesign the UII template and then the client solution to use the new "Windows 8" technologies, for example HTML5?

Thanks

King regards

Jorge Gonzalez Segura

CRM / Microsoft Architect

es.linkedin.com/in/jordigo

Tw:JORDIGO

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Im working on getting the VS12 templates out this week.   They are going to be a direct port of the current set for VS2010

As for “windows 8 technologies”, at some point I may offer a W8/modern look and feel template for a shell as a starter, though I’ve not had time get there. As for HTML shells, that’s currently not possible based on what UII\CCA is designed to do. UII is a client application technology, it currently cannot work under W8RT technology stack (we use to call that Metro). Note However it works just fine under W8 Desktop mode (non metro).

That said, if you really wanted to go through the effort of building a wrapper that would let you use HTML5 vs XAML you could do it, UII is agnostic to that, not sure what benefit that brings to you though. 

If you want to discuss this further, feel free to PM me or ping me internally.

Mattb-msft

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Thnaks MattB,

UX Metro Style could offer new experiences for contact center operators, it is a really new challenge, because add a new ways to interact with the information and the process. Do you have any plan to develop it?

King regards

Jorge Gonzalez Segura

es.linkedin.com/in/jordigo

Tw:JORDIGO

Jun 21, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Hi , MattB_MSFT

Have you created vs 2012 templates? Especially i am looking for Microsoft.Uii.Tools.Inspector for VS 2012? I would appreciate for any help.
Jun 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Hi,
afaik there arent any vs2012 templates yet. Its the same regarding the Inspector.. have a look: http://crmcca.codeplex.com/discussions/439771
Jun 26, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Regarding the vs2012 templates. Try the following:
  • Download the existing solution starters
  • Open with 7Zip (or whatever) and extract all the files
  • Edit the file extension.vsixmanifest - In line 24 Change
      <VisualStudio Version="10.0">
to
      <VisualStudio Version="11.0">
  • Zip the files
  • Rename the archive to *.vsix
  • Install