Loading Global Application in a Session - Tab is not refreshed with new URL.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to load the Global application (Web Based) in a Session. On initial load of CCA the global application gets loaded with a blank page. On search of a contact i'm trying to reload the tab with the specific url. But the tab is not getting refreshed with new session based URL.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Mamatha

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

Is your "reloading" done by an UII-Action? 

Please post the HostedApplikation-properties of your "Browser-App".

ndi

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Hi,

I am also have to impliment similar feature. I have to reload/refresh global application (Web hosted application) when s session is loaded. My application reloading has to be done using UII action.

Thanks,

Yashwanth

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Hi ,

Yes i'm reloading it in UII-Action. The WebHosted Application has below properties

Name: Customer View

Type: WebHosted Application

Display Group: MainPanel

Adapter: Use Adapter, Assembly name and class name.

Application Dynamic: No

Application Hosting Mode: Use SetParent

URL: about :Blank

In the UII-Action, i'm reformatting the URL and calling "Browser.Navigate(URL)". This doesn't seem to reload the tab with new url. It still remains as blank page which was initially loaded.

Regards,

Mamatha

Oct 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Hi mamathans, hi yashwanthnayak,

let me describe how we handle this task in our project. 

1. Our global Web Hosted Application is using the Automation Adapter (HAT) and has "about:blank" as Url .. lets call it "Browser"

2. We registered two UII-Actions two achieve the Refreshing:

• "default": this is the (you guess it) default action which simply focuses the App - therefore is no Automation needed.
  • "NavigateToWhatever": There the "refresh" is done. We do this by providing a Workflow Assembly which can easily be created using the WorkflowFoundation. Just create a Workflow (the HAT Framework provides all Workflowelements you will need) that focuses your App and navigates to an Url. 

3. Now you have to fire the Action if you want your "Browers-App" to Navigate/Reload:

• FireRequestAction(new RequestActionEventArgs("Browser", "NavigateToWhatever", null));

Where you have to fire the Request Action depends on your needs. 

That is a short flyover - feel free to ask, if you have further questions

hth ndi

Edit:

Make sure you have an Automation Binding XML configured in your Web Hosted Application. If you dont need any Controls to be handled start from here:

<DataDrivenAdapterBindingsCollection>
  <DataDrivenAdapterBindings>
    <Controls />
    <Type>Microsoft.Uii.HostedApplicationToolkit.DataDrivenAdapter.WebDataDrivenAdapter, Microsoft.Uii.HostedApplicationToolkit.DataDrivenAdapter</Type>
  </DataDrivenAdapterBindings>
</DataDrivenAdapterBindingsCollection>