Several CtiHostedControls in one CRM server

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Hi There

Here is the scenario I want to implement. No we use TAPI as CtiHostedContol in CCA. We want to migrate to Microsoft LYNC gradually. I have implemented LYNC connector, and it works separately. Now I have two CtiHostedContols, and want to be able to configure for each user in domain what CtiHostedContol to use in their CCA application. This configuration can be done server side using CRM roles, i.e. share the TAPI CtiHostedContol for users that I want to user TAPI as their CTI, and share LYNC CtiHostedContol for the rest. However there is a problem with users that are administrators of the system, because they have access to all entities in the system, so their  two hosted controls  which are derived from CtiHostedContol will be loaded for that users, which is impossible. So there must be other way. I think one solution is to make CtiHostedContol  as dynamic application and somehow to load specific one based on user configurations. However I think UII treats CtiHostedContol in a special manner, and I don't know how to suppress the behavior of UII and take the burden of loading CtiHostedContol on myself, if it is possible of course, and if it is how can this be implemented and where the code should be written?

All answers will be highly appreciated
Regards
Gagik Kyurkchyan 

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM

You are correct, CTI Controls are “Specialized” controls in UII. CTI Controls cannot be dynamic. They must be global. The current design of the system will only allow one to be loaded for any given desktop instance.

An agent user with the CRM Administrator Role is something that we do not support in a production environment. As you say, it bypasses all security in CRM, as it is the top of the security tree.

What I would recommend is that you create a different, high privilege, security role to grant to your admin users. You can start that by copying the System Administrator and then removing rights to the UII Entities. Then grant those users this new role + your agent roles.

Mattb-MSFT

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Thanks Matt, I'll go the way you said!

Sep 30, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Gagik,

Kindly help me. I want to implement LYNC to CCA CTI. I don't know how to customize and where the code should be write?. LYNC connector, it works separately.

Here my scenario:  Lync call able to connect cca desktop and open with CRM contact record.

Guide me what are steps can I do..?

Dharshan