Guidance needed to support multiple CRM instances from one CCA R2 exe

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I would like to use CCA to connect to multiple CRM instances.  The application is multiple geo-located call centers that each have their own CRM installation and mostly their own customers.  However we want to add funtionality to optionally search for customers all CRM instances.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks!

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yes,
The key here is that you home your users and config out of once instance of CRM,  then use a hosted control to establish a set of connections to remote CRM Instances.   Those connections would then be used via  Search Control to search across server,  either by using an aggregate search service hosted on a web site,  or via multiple parallel searches from the search control.
Once the target data was located,  you would use the connection it was found on to determine which UI to present.

Hope that helps
Mattb-msft

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Matt,

Thanks for the response.  I think I am going to do parallel connections from a hosted search control.  I'm having problems figuring out how to deal with the connection configuration to the remote systems.  The system is symetrical in that each geo-location will need to see the others data and perform limited functionality on that remote data.

How should the remote connection configuration be stored?  In the search control hosted configuration in CRM?  In the CCA app config?  What is the best way to pass the connection  along to other hosted controls that need to do perform a function depending on the record clicked.  I'm new to this framework and still learning how it fits together.  I think it is very interesting.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Matt,

We have similar requirement to have CCA which can work with multiple CRM organizations dynamically based on the incoming call indetifier. I have following questions regarding this topic.

1)How easy / difficult it is to achieve this? Any indication of effort involved would be great.
2)Can the CCA base architecture support this? i.e. do we need to do the code change in some common libraries or thorough out the CCA code?
3)Will it have impact on ability to upgrade this to support the new version of the CRM say CRM 2013?

Any idea about Johnson's experience woul be great.

Thanks
Apr 24, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Below are my answers:
1) Once you figure out how to use CCA, it is now that difficult. The main challenge is understanding the framework.
2) Yes it can support it but it was not obvious how to do this to me. For me the main challenge was handling of the connection to the multiple orgs. You use the AIFServiceContainer to initialize an interface and pass it around with the connection to the remote orgs.
3) CCA has some problems with RU12+ and IE sessions.

Jeff
Apr 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Thanks Jeff for sharing your experience and the valuable tips.

Appreciate your help.