Blank CRM, MyDashboard, CRM Knowledge Base, etc. pages

Jun 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I'm trying to learn more about CCA R2.  First step is getting it configured.  I went through the insanely long installation process, code editing, compiling, copying, etc. process.  Probably made some mistakes along the way;)

When I run the Agent Desktop, I can search for Customers.  If I click on one, I see the information on the lefthand side of the app.  I can see in the UII Debugger that the context is updated with the customer information.

My problem is the CRM, MyDashboard and CRM Knowledge Base tabs are all blank.  Nothing ever shows.

Is there a troubleshooting guide I can follow to figure out what the issue is?  I don't get any exceptions, no errors, nothing.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Additional information:

It works when I run the Agent Desktop as administrator.

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Make sure protected mode is turned off in IE for all zones, and try again as a user.

Mattb.

Mar 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM
The issue is regarding administrator. Something is making registry calls to HKLM. Here is a list of ProcMon failures when running AgentDesktop:

Process Name Operation Path Result Detail
UnifiedDesktop.exe RegOpenKey HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Query Value, Set Value, Create Sub Key, Enumerate Sub Keys
UnifiedDesktop.exe RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\eventlog\Security ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: Read
UnifiedDesktop.exe RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access
UnifiedDesktop.exe RegOpenKey HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters ACCESS DENIED Desired Access: All Access

Anyone know what would be calling this? I cannot imagine AgentDesktop would require local admin permissions.
Mar 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I am able to Load the CRM , Dialer , My Dashboard but the CRM Knowledge base, CRM Dialog and CRM Case are empty.
Although i am able to search the customer also.

Please help me how i may configure the Agent's number in it as the "Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.Cti.Samples.CtiRoot" ctiroot.cs is giving an error once i open the code. The error i am getting there is
__"The designer must create an instance of type 'Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.Controls.CtiHostedControl' but it cannot because the type is declared as abstract. "

I am Logged as administrator.