Haw to identify and verify if a session is already opened

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Hi All,

Im using a HAT automation to open the customer form when I have a call. In fact Im using a third party tools of CTI communication. so Im using a specific CTI Toolbar in CCA.

and I have implement the CTI event like CallAlerting. so in this event Im dowing my logic, to search the customer information and oppening his CRM form in new webApllication. the code works fine but when I search the customer using the Dialog serach of the CCA before the call has arraved, I will have two customer form opened one by the default search of CCA and the other by the event CallAllerting. Haw can I test and verify that the customer form is already oppened.

Thanks for Help

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM

If I understand what you’re asking…

The existing session identification logic uses Customer ID on the session object to determine if a session for this customer already exists.

For example, if you open a session with customer id = “1”, then try to create a new session with the customer id = “1”, it will not create a new session, and return the existing session.

If I recall from your other posts, I think you said you were not using the search control when creating the session,   This is one of the reasons I recommended you use the search control to do it vs building logic into another control to do it..   However, you can get around the problem if you set the customerid to the CRM ID of the anchor record ( account / contact / case ) that your CTI request is opening.   If the user tries to do a manual search, it will return the session you already created. And if you have already opened the session and you do a CTI Search, it will return the session you already created.

If that’s not what you meant, could you rephrase your question?

Thanks
Mattb.