Passing data from crm form to a hosted control

Jun 8, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Hi All,

Im using CCA R2 for CRM 2011 and I have created a hostod control (Third party CTI Tool).

I need to pass the phone number from the customer form (oppened into a hosted web application) to my hosted control. so haw can I drive the data from the customer form to the hosted control.

Thanks,

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

If your using the out of the box Search Provider,  you can add the telephone number to the context on session lookup,,, then use context to pick it up in your hosted control,   there is an example of this approach in the CCA Examples,  its called ContactCustomerByPhone.xaml in the CRMAutomations Project of the CCA Source

If your looking to tie it to a button click,  You would use an HAT Automation, or web adapter automation to pick it up from the CRM form and send it to the Hosted control that contains the CTI control.

Mattb-msft

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thanks Matt for help

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Matt,

What about if my web hosted application is the customer list view, and when I select a customer record from the list I whant to send this phoen number to my CTI Toolbar. is any way to do it.

Thanks for Help

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM

You need to catch the popup event and read the data + URL…

Look at the Automation for HandlePopupFromQueue.xaml.
That automation is hooking the window popup from the “My dashboard” application,  and when it occurs is calling the action newWindow3Action.

The newWindow3Action invokes the automation CreateSessionFromQueue.xaml.  That automation is what is creating the session and loading the context. 
You will see that automation is alos calling the search control to search for the customer and set up the session, taking the context and then expanding it a bit with some additional information.

Mattb-msft