How to open dashboard using CCA?

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hi,

I have successfully configured CCA and Agent Desktop.

Now I need to open dashboard on incoming call and search within that page.

This is custom web application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aswad

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM

You would configure this as you would any other web application in CCA,

Just add an entry in the UII Hosted Applications table for it, permission it for the user and set it to NOT be global.

It will automatically open when a session starts.

Mattb-Msft

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thanks!

How would I search in custom web application (Dashboard) in this case?

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I am sorry, Im not following what your trying to do..

Are you talking about creating a session using a search against something other than CRM to start the Search?

Mattb-msft

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Hi Matt,

I want to create custom exe which will do following when incoming call is received:-
1.Search in custom web application with phone number
2.Return result if customer found else open new lead form

(custom web application is included in iframe and has been put in ms crm 2011 workspace)

(I have visual studio templates with me)

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Ok, now Im really not following you .
Are you using CCA? Or are you trying to build a standalone screen pop? 
What is your full scenario? And what is your experience level with CCA?
If your using CCA,  are you trying to create a session based on a customer lookup to the web application?  Can you access the search via web service? Or do you need to actually search in the web application itself and react to a button click?

Mattb.  

Jun 8, 2012 at 6:39 PM
Edited Jun 8, 2012 at 6:50 PM

1. I have installed CCA to understand overall functionality.

2. Using CCA, I want to search customer on incoming call ringing event in custom web application.

I need to actually search in web application itself and react to button click. I can't access search via web service.

3. Once functionality from step # 2 is achieved , I want to build standalone screen pop.

4. ie. Standalone application should be able to search customer on incoming call ringing event in custom web application.

Thanks!

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Not sure why you wouldn’t to build a standalone tool to do it, when you could just strip down the CCA Desktop ( or start with the desktop template ) to a task tray app, or a sidebar app and use it for just CTI and search.

Though I think you will find you want to do other things with it as well over time.

if your set on building a standalone app, all I can point you to is the CRM SDK and advise you that CRM is not supported when hosted in child browser frame.

Mattb-msft