Is Windows XP SP3 support CCA development?

May 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
Edited May 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hi,

I followed the CCA installation documentation. Following are the issues I am facing currently.

Issue1:  Getting the following error while running RIConfigLoader exe to connect to CRM server.

(I have not installed Windows Identification Foundation. verified the prerequisites and can't see Windows XP )

"Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfiguration`1.CreateLocalChannelFactory()
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfiguration`1.CreateChannelFactory(ClientCredentials clientCredentials)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceConfiguration.CreateChannelFactory(ClientCredentials clientCredentials)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceProxy`1.get_ChannelFactory()
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceProxy`1.CreateNewServiceChannel()
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceProxy`1.ValidateAuthentication()
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceContextInitializer`1.Initialize(ServiceProxy`1 proxy)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.DiscoveryServiceProxy.Execute(DiscoveryRequest request)
   at Microsoft.Uii.AifServices.AuthenticationService.DiscoverOrganizations(Uri discoveryServiceUri, Uri homeRealmUri, ClientCredentials clientCredentials, ClientCredentials deviceCredentials)
   at Microsoft.Uii.CrmConnection.CrmConnection.RetrieveOrganizations()
   at Microsoft.Uii.CrmConnection.ConnectionsForm.OpenConnection(CrmConnection con)"

Issue2: While building the Agent desktop solution gettting the following build error.

"Error 77 The type 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.WindowShellApplication`2<T0,T1>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows, Version=1.0.51205.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=64f7747366518fca'. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Uii\CCA\Source Code\AgentDesktop\Program.cs 49 13 AgentDesktop"

Greatly appreciate your help !

Thanks in Advance !

Raghu

May 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Raghu,

I was able to get CCA to work on Windows XP SP3, what you need to do is includethe Microsoft.IdentiyModel.dll when you install the Agent Desktop on a Windows XP SP3 machine.  Simply copying that .dll into the folder worked fine for me.

The 2nd issue that you highlighted is covered in the associated .chm files that are part of the CCA.zip file.  There are some additional steps you need to do in order to build the Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.dll indicated by the error.  Once you complete those steps you should be able to build the CCA Agent Desktop.

Jeremy

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your guidance! I will follow your instructions and update you.

Raghu

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi Jeremy,

Issue1:

I followed your suggestions and now I am able to run RI Configuraion Loader tool. However after clicking on deploy button, I got the below error message.

"There was an error configuring the hostedApplications/Workflows. Please delete the hosted applications and workflows and retry again. The plug-in execution failed because no Sandbox Worker processes are currently available. Please try again. System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administratiors or support: #2B4A187E"

Issue2:

I have already followed the steps in UII Deployment guide to build CompositeUI solution with no errors in CompositeUi.Windows project. However I am getting errors in other projects of the solution. I dont think it will create any problem. Following are the complete error details of CompositeUI solution.

"Error 47 The type reference cannot find a public type named 'TabWorkspace'. Line 121 Position 49. C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankShell\App.xaml 121 49 BankShell
Error 48 The tag 'DeckWorkspace' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/cab/wpf'. Line 40 Position 5. C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankShell\BankShellWindow.xaml 40 5 BankShell
Error 95 The tag 'SmartPartPlaceholder' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows;assembly=Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows'. Line 17 Position 4. C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankTellerModule\WorkItems\BankTeller\SideBarView.xaml 17 4 BankTellerModule
Error 96 The tag 'TabWorkspace' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.Workspaces;assembly=Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows'. Line 18 Position 4. C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankTellerModule\WorkItems\Customer\CustomerSummaryView.xaml 18 4 BankTellerModule
Error 143 Could not load referenced assembly "C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankTellerModule\bin\Debug\BankTellerModule.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\BankTellerModule\bin\Debug\BankTellerModule.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.". C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\CustomerMapExtensionModule\ResGen CustomerMapExtensionModule"

I went to C:\CCA\WPF Layer for CAB\CompositeUI\CompositeUI.Windows\bin\Debug folder, Here I can see the updated Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.dll with latest timestamp details. I copied the same in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Uii\Framework folder and build the Agentdesktop solution. Still getting the following exception.

"Error 77 The type 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.WindowShellApplication`2<T0,T1>' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows, Version=1.0.51205.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=64f7747366518fca'. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Uii\CCA\Source Code\AgentDesktop\Program.cs 49 13 AgentDesktop"

Thanks in Advance !

Waiting for your reply !

Raghu

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Raghu,

For Issue #1:

- If this is an On-Premise CRM Solution, make sure that the Microsoft Asynchronous Service and Microsoft Sandbox Services are started and running.  Based on the error it looks like these services, specifically sandbox, may be off.

- The first time I setup CCA, before running the RI Config Loader, I had imported the Uii Hosted Application data etc.  The RI Config Loader does that for you, so I had to delete the Uii Hosted Applications/Options etc that I had importted manually.

For Issue #2:

- Have you removed and re-added the reference itself in the project?   Is the Solution set to compile with the .NET Framework 4.0 or .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile?  If it's client profile, change it straight .NET 4.0.  The Client PRofile works wonders on referenced assemblies.

Jeremy

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your response.

I will follow the instructions for Issue #1. Regarding Issue #2, I have done the settings already. I went to AgentDesktop project -> Right click -> Application -> Target Framework. Here I set he version to .Net frame work 4. I removed and re-added the reference. But still getting the error L.

Waiting for your reply!

Raghu

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 9:39 AM
To: Narayana Kuragayala
Subject: Re: Is Windows XP SP3 support CCA development? [crmcca:357668]

Raghu,

For Issue #1:

- If this is an On-Premise CRM Solution, make sure that the Microsoft Asynchronous Service and Microsoft Sandbox Services are started and running. Based on the error it looks like these services, specifically sandbox, may be off.

- The first time I setup CCA, before running the RI Config Loader, I had imported the Uii Hosted Application data etc. The RI Config Loader does that for you, so I had to delete the Uii Hosted Applications/Options etc that I had importted manually.

For Issue #2:

- Have you removed and re-added the reference itself in the project? Is the Solution set to compile with the .NET Framework 4.0 or .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile? If it's client profile, change it straight .NET 4.0. The Client PRofile works wonders on referenced assemblies.

Jeremy

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information in error,
please contact the sender and delete or destroy the material/information.
Jun 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Raghu,

For Issue#1:

You have to go to the CRM Server box and run the Sandbox service. Set that to automatic, if not already set that way. That should solve the problem.

For Issue#2:

BankShell is not a required project to successfully compile the Practices.CompositeUI dll. Check if Practices dlls are already compiled.

Unless you want to have that project compiled as well, you are trying to solve a different problem. For CCA, BankShell ot BankTeller are not required.

Ping me or respond back if you still encounter issues.

FYI - this is the forum for CCA R1 and is not monitored by many of the MSFT folks anymore. In future, please post your queries in the new forum.