CCA Performance Issue

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:58 AM

Hi Matt,

We have deployed CCA R2 in one of our client environment and facing performance issue. The CCA is responding Slowly while logging in and when we open a session. What we found as a part of analysis is the application will try to fetch all the hosted applications (Global, Session, Dynamic) when we try to open a session and because of this, the response size is huge (Approximately 12000 bytes per record). This is causing the fetch operation to work slowly (In client environment it is taking 10-15 seconds on 512 KBPS line). Is there any work arounds to minimize the amount of data transfer without reducing the number of applications?. Since our project is in critical stage, please advice on how to overcome this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Yashwanth Nayak 

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Hi,

We are also facing a similar issue, when we perform a customer search and open a session for the customer record then CCA is fetching data for all applications again. Is there a way to bypass this? I am desperate for some help in this regards

Murugan S

Apr 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. Could anybody help us in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Alim

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Yashwanth Nayak,

Did you get any solution to this issue, if yes please let me know as I am desperate for an immediate solution

thanks

Murugan S

Apr 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Based on your explanation…. 512Kb line… are you running this across a DSL Line over a VPN?

Can you describe your architecture a bit?

The amount of data that UII pulls down on Session Create is determined by the number of applications that are configured for a given user. It should cache the session information after the first request for the same user ID. Additionally you can turn off Session Caching by setting LoadSessions to false in the UII Options.

You may also want to explore enabling compression on the CRM Server. You can find more information about that here: https://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/crminthefield/archive/2011/12/29/enable-wcf-compression-to-improve-crm-2011-network-performance.aspx

Mattb-msft.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Hi Matt,

We are running CCA application from the system which access the CRM over WAN with 512 kb line. In server, We are running CRM 2011 with IFD/ADFS.

Enabling the compression on CRM Server didn't help. If we try to fetch the data using our code, the data transfer is less. Is it any way possible to fetch data using our code and set into CCA objects? (Bypass fetch operation in CCA).

Thanks,

Yashwanth Nayak

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hi Matt,

Is it possible to configure the CCA such a way that it fetches only session based application while opening a session?. Currently fetching all the applications configured to the user (Including Global applications).

Thanks,

Yashwanth B

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:12 PM

It is technically possible, but not trivial. Nor something that can easily outlined in a message board.
If this is something you really want to do I will do a blog post on it, But I would discourage you from it.

Mattb.

Apr 11, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much. Enabling compression on the CRM Server resolved the huge data transfer issue.

I have 1 more question, is it mandatory to have Core 2 duo process with 2GHz or More in client systems? because we have couple of single core systems which still taking time.

Thanks,

Yashwanth B

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Its is not mandatory..

The spec of the machines is driven by the applications your hosting and the number of session you require,

As a reference.. if your brining though the CRM web UI, the min requirements for CRM are listed here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg554677.aspx

and for hardware

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699680.aspx

Mattb.