How to intercept and prevent automated adding of application

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a requirement to intercept the automated adding of applications based on a user’s role.  For this, I have created a custom entity which specifies the applications a user should have launched in a new session.  The issue is that I cannot figure out how to intercept the UII framework automatically adding the session applications so that I can check against the user’s role and prevent the addition if necessary.

Has anyone looked at this before and can you provide guidance on where we can intercept the automatic creation of session applications?

Thanks 

Abish

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi,

this is not something to intercept automatic creation but it will allow you to define what user/team gets what applications.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mbarbour/archive/2010/10/07/mapping-hosted-applications-to-agent-groups-in-uii.aspx

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Thanks. But this is 2 different teams and users.

My case, same agent will have 2 different roles and the agent will chose one role while starting the agent desktop. The applications launched during this session will be for the selected role. So this case, I need to launch all the applications dynamically when the session starts.