Display Control Multiple Times In Session

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

This is probably a basic question, but I'm buidling out my 1st CCA deployment and ran into this issue/question.  I developed a Hosted WPF Control that lists the current Cases for the Customer in the session.  This appears in the left-hand area of the Agent Desktop under the Workflow Explorer Combo Box.  I have it setup so that when a user double-clicks a Case, it triggers a custom action to open another Hosted Control displaying the CRM Case in the main Session window.

Where I'm getting stuck is if the user has 1 case open and decides to launch another Case window.  Looking through code it looks like the HostedControlId is the unique identifier in the Main Agent Desktop Page.  I guess the question is, can I have multiple instances of the CRM Case control in the same session window or do I have to create a new control or WebApplication adapter for each instance that I want to open.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

You can only have one instance of any hosted control. In that case you would need to have a hosted control ( configured as Dynamic, user closable ) for each possible popup.   Capture the popup and reroute it to the right window.

Mattb-msft

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thanks Matt.

Jeremy