How CCA come to know that there is an incoming call from CTI?

Jan 9, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Hi All,

I am using the demo CTI integration provided in the source code of CCA R2.

My CTI is working fine and I am able to search and open CRM records by dialing their numbers from Softphone(provided with the CCA) in CCA

There is one method "private void Cti_CallChanged(object sender, CallEventArgs e) " in CtiRoot.cs which gets invoked whenever new call comes in. 

I have following queries: 

1. How and from where this method gets invoked? 
  2. How does CCA come to know that there is an incoming call? Is there any workflow or thread which is continuously listening for incoming calls?

Please help.

Thanks.

Devendra V

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:28 PM

To get started,
Read though this blog post, and the linked post within in.. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mbarbour/archive/2010/05/27/understanding-and-using-cti-in-uii-cca.aspx

Mattb-msft

Jan 12, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. This helped me to understand. But the blog post of Yves Pitch is not found at mentioned link.

Thanks.

Devendra V

Jan 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Thanks for letting me know,  I will update the blog to remove the link.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi devendrav,

Could you please  share with me some information on how to get started on CCA for SSO and CTI , I  tried looking for quickstarts but was not able to develop my own solutions from them .

Your help will be highly appreciated .

Thanks

Seema

Mar 16, 2012 at 3:59 AM

There are several parts to a CTI adapter in UII.
The solution starters for UII have a template CTI control solution that will help you get started..

I have a number of samples for SSO, though iv not blogged them yet.. ( time )

SSO in UII is tied to the ISSO interface. Check that out in the documentation and that should get you started.   Keep in mind that you can create your own extension of that Interface to extended its features.

Mattb-msft

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply , I have gone through the QuickStarts and Agent desktop solution in UII ,

I have few issues in implementing CCA for my project .

1) Not able to start a SSO application .:

a) Taken a  reference of Quickstart implementation of SSO , but couldn't fint the call for GetCrendial method from the Login form (which is the sample application for its implementation ). It is just making NameValueCollection and verifying credentials against it . Where and when is the credential.xml will be used to verify the credentials .

b) Another point , if I consider Agent desktop solution as sample for SSO implementation , how does SSO.xml is getting used in authenticating the users /agents.

2) Not able to run vsi for CTI Integration, I wanted to start from creating a UII CTI Starter solution project as given in your article.
Error on Running the vsi saying "String cannot have zero length" (running the vsi on 64 bit machine) Do we need another vsi for CRM 2011/VS2010?

3) Not able to run UIIDebugger.
UIi debugger is a class library , how to host it into the agent desktop ?

4) Want to open Cases for a searched User .
I have a requirement where I have to show all the cases for the searched user from Agent desktop in another Tab.How should I get the context of the case form so that I can find out the cases where Customer ID (on case form ) is same as  CustomerID(from context).

5) Populate lookup field with Customer name .
I have one more requirement , where I need to open a blank case form and set its Customer field to CustomerID(from Context). I tried by full name , but this does not work if we have 2 users with the same name.

Please help !!! as our delivery aligned to CCA .

If you can provide any training materials or training sessions on CCA , that would be gr8 help for us.

Thanks

Seema Singh 

Mar 27, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hi seema,

Refer the following links

3.How to set up & use the UII Debugger

http://crmcca.codeplex.com/discussions/222126

4: For opening case associated view,modify  default uii action in uii hosted application

URL: http://<servername>/<orgname>/userdefined/areas.aspx

QueryString: oId={CustomerID}&oType=2&pagemode=iframe&security=852023&tabSet=areaService

5.to open new case creation form,modify  default uii action in uii hosted application

URL: http://<servername>/<orgname>/CS/cases/edit.aspx

QueryString: _CreateFromType=2&_CreateFromId={CustomerID}

hi,if u find any information about SSI and CTI ,please let me know..

Thanks and Regards,

AKILAN