Unable to connect to Cisco TSP

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Hi all,

I've downloaded and poured through the source for CCA.  I'm trying to write a simple console app version.  In this console version I can list all the available lines

// loop through all available lines
foreach (LineClassProvider line in ctiHandler.Cti.Lines)
{
   Console.WriteLine(line.ProviderInfo + " - " + line.Name);
}

but the result is only a set of test phone lines.  

To level set, here's what I have.  I've started a .net 3.5 console application project in VS 2010.  I've referenced the following assemblies:

• microsoft.crm.sdk.proxy
  • Microsoft.Uii.AIfServices
  • Microsoft.Uii.Common
  • Microsoft.Uii.Common.Configuration
  • Microsoft.Uii.Common.Providers
  • Microsoft.Uii.Common.TypeProvider
  • Microsoft.Uii.Common.TypeProvider
  • Microsoft.Uii.CrmEntityManager
  • Microsoft.Uii.Csr.Cti.Providers

The OS is Windows Server 2003.  I've installed the Cisco TSP drivers and I can see CiscoTSP001.tsp in the c:\windows\system32 folder.  

Prior to iterating over the available lines, I'm also doing the following -

TelephonyProvider telephonyProvider = ctiHandler.InitializeCti(); 
// result is not null
bool ctiHandlerInitSuccess = ctiHandler.Init(
    TelephonyProvider.CtiType.TAPI, 
    agentParameters["tapi_user"], 
    agentParameters["tapi_password"]); 
// result is true

My suspicion is that I'm not initializing the Cisco TSP drivers correctly, or somehow the UII libraries (CtiLayerTapi.dll) aren't connecting with the installed drivers.  Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Asad

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM

FYI, for anyone who finds this post later.  The above code worked fine.  The issue was internal to where I was testing this code.  Only boxes from a certain subnet are allowed to communicate with the CISCO CallManager server.  Hence, while the CISCO TSP drivers were correctly installed, they weren't communicating with CallManager to retrieve the available allotted lines.  

Asad

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:16 PM

As a note... the Microsoft.Uii.Csr.Cti.Provides assembly will disappear at some point in the future, it was replaced in CCF 2009 SP1 QFE,  and CCA R1 and R2 do not use it as anything other then a support lib now.
All CTI systems are now run though Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.xxxxx and are hosted controls.  You will want to restructure your TAPI adapter to fit that pattern,  as an example, the exmaple TAPI adapter is using it.

Mattb-msft.  

Dec 15, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Thanks for your note Matt.  I'll have a look at that the sample to see how I should use Microsoft.Uii.Desktop.Cti.xx instead. 

Cheers.