Simulate CTI Feature

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Hi All..

I prepared separate CRM 2011 server environment and 32 bit version of client environment to simulate CTI feature to do the demo on CCA R2. I configured CTI to work with CCA as specified in UII development guide and didn’t add entries for CTI State, CTI Root and CTI Desktop Manager as described at the section “Server-side Configuration> Hosted Applications” since those entries already there, But unfortunately CCA throws runtime error at setCallStateChangeCB(callStateChangeCB) at TapiWrapper class in Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts solution.

Error message: A call to PInvoke function 'TapiWrapper!Microsoft.Uii.QuickStarts.Cti.TapiWrapper::setCallStateChangeCB' has unbalanced the stack. This is likely because the managed PInvoke signature does not match the unmanaged target signature. Check that the calling convention and parameters of the PInvoke signature match the target unmanaged signature.

When I bypassed the execution of above statement, it throws error at GetDeviceIDCti(devIndex). But I was able to setup softphone correctly and it shows list of devices.

Basically I want to simulate call in and out functionality and see how Agent Desktop works on those events. Can someone please help me on this?

Thanks,

----tSampath----

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:33 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Hi Matt,

Can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks,

tSampath

Jul 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Hi Matt,

I was able to tackle above issue by having an attribute CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl at external interop method calls. Now when I trigger the incoming call to 3331(Jane), softphone is closed automatically, but event is captured at Cti_CallChanged event in CTIRoot.cs and call state is none. Then Agent desktop also exit from execution.

Any idea on above issue?

Thanks,

tSampath

Aug 19, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hi tSampath,

i am also facing the same issue. Then Agent desktop also exit from execution after added the CallingConvention = CallingConvention.Cdecl in the tsapi wrapper.

please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks...

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Hi Senthijps,

I haven't found the way to resolve this issue yet.

Regards,

Thushara M

Aug 23, 2011 at 1:43 AM

i set up a new win7 32bit client and pointed it at the partner crm 2011 demo VM yesterday, configured the TAPI stuff as per guides, and everythinig works OK for me.  I have not commented out any code etc.

did you add all the <xml> entries into the app.config file in the agent desktop?  does your agent desktop show the CTI toolbar and status dropdown ok?

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:08 AM

I added all xml entries as per guide and CTI toolbar and status drop down is shown as expected.

When you dial 3331(Jane) after selecting one of the device(ex. Don Myers[3145045634]) using SoftPhone, Does it captured by Agent Desktop and Is Answer icon blinking?

If yes can you please share all steps you triggered to setup a call simulate feature using SoftPhone?

Thanks,

Thushara M