How to pass data between two different web application in CCA

Jun 20, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Kindly provide the help for passing data betwwen two diffrent application in CCA

Jun 23, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Passing data between different controls and adapters in UII is done using the Action Construct..

Fundamentally you serialize whatever it is you want to send from one app to another and call FireRequestAction.

EX:

FireRequestAction(new RequestActionEventArgs("<target app or *>", "ActionName", "data"));

Actions need to be registered with UII in UII configuration ( In CRM )
and on the receiving end you need to use the DoAction override to capture the action and work with it.

EX:

protected override void DoAction(Microsoft.Uii.Csr.RequestActionEventArgs args)
{
    switch (args.Action)
    {
        case "ActionName" : 
            string sData = args.Data; 
            // do somthing
            break; 
        default:
            break;
    }
    base.DoAction(args);
}

The solutions starters for both UII R1 and R2 have the DoAction method setup in all the control templates. The simplest one to create to see it is the HostedWPF or HostedWinform Control.

Mattb-msft

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hello,

i want to know how can i pass data between applications? 

for instance : passing data from calculator apps  to notepad apps.

i have downloaded all adapters projects.  

is someone have a code sample in C# to do this?

Thanks'

Ohad. 

Jul 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Hi Matt,

can u tell me how do i register actions in CRM?

Ohad.

Jul 6, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Hi Matt.,

can you explain how to pass the data in two different web application in cca r2. Currently integrated aap1 and app2 in agent desktop.

I want to be editing app1(i.e.. city name) using workflow automation, Updating  app2  (i.e city name) also..? any advice..?

Regards.,

lings

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM
ohadne wrote:

Hi Matt,

can u tell me how do i register actions in CRM?

Ohad.

Actions are registered in CRM in “Settings->Uii Settings -> UII Hosted Applications”, select the Hosted Application you want to work with, then Choose UII Actions from the Navigator on the left.
You will see at least a “Default”, you can add your own from there.
Actions can Invoke URL’s, HAT Automations or be used at the adapter level to execute behaviors.

MattB-MSFT

Jul 13, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2011 at 2:38 PM
cca_lings wrote:

Hi Matt.,

can you explain how to pass the data in two different web application in cca r2. Currently integrated aap1 and app2 in agent desktop.

I want to be editing app1(i.e.. city name) using workflow automation, Updating  app2  (i.e city name) also..? any advice..?

Regards.,

lings

If your in HAT or in Code, you would use a Broadcast Action to do that… to do that you use “*” for the Target App Name.

“*” tells UII to send this action and its data to all hosted controls and adapters.

Mattb-Msft