Setting up Customer Care Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

Jun 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Hi..

I downloaded CCA R2 from dynamic market place(http://dynamics-crm.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-us/applications/customer-care-accelerator-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884914795/company) and trying to install it using deployment procedures specified in “UII Deployment Guide.chm” and “CCA Deployment Guide.chm”. Deployment step “1. Download the WPF CAB source code from the WPF layer for CAB page on CodePlex.” specified under “Integrating the WPF CAB Libraries with the Composite UI Application Block” pointing to old code base which is developed using VS 2005 with initial .NET framework. So it cannot be used with VS 2008/2010 CCA. So I downloaded Microsoft composite UI application block which is developed using VS 2008 and then opened composite UI solution. I saw it generate Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.WinForms insterd of Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Window. Then I did below steps specified on “UII Deployment Guide.chm”

4.       Expand the CompositeUI.WinForms(Instead of CompositeUI.Windows) project.

5.       In the References folder of the project, remove the references for CompositeUI and ObjectBuilder.

6.       Right-click the References folder and then click Add Reference.

7.   Click Browse, and then select the files Microsoft.UII.Practices.CompositeUI.dll and Microsoft.UII.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll in the folder [Install Directory]\Framework.

12.   Compile the CompositeUI.WinForms (instead of CompositeUI.Windows) solution. The build process creates the Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.WinForms.dll file in the build output folder.

13.   Copy the DLL file to the UII framework folder ([Install Directory]\Microsoft Uii\Framework), as shown in the following illustration.

But CCA code still referring Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Window.dll. and I am bit confused now.

Please can someone give me some guidence on this?

Thanks,

tSampath

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:14 PM

You MUST use the version linked in the documentation. (http://wpfcab.codeplex.com/releases/view/2005)

When you download WPF Cab from codeplex, You need to open it with Visual Studio 2010, Upgrade the project, and update the framework version to .net 4.

The specific project you are interested in is CompositeUI.Windows. In the CompositeUI.Windows project, the instructions direct you to replace 2 project references… What you are actually doing there is replacing the references to the other 2 root level projects in the WPF Cab solution with versions that were built by the UII team.

CompositUI => Microsoft.Uii.Practices.CompositeUI
ObjectBuilder => Microsoft.Uii.Practices.ObjectBuilder

You will find the Microsoft.Uii Libs in the Framework directory that was installed with UII.

Following the instructions on updating the definition of a few methods, and compiling, you will get the assembly Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.dll

Mattb-MSFT

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Thanks for your quick response.

I have understood steps that need to be triggered. But when we migrated the code to run on VS 2010 and targeted the framework 4.0, it gives below build error.

"Project file must include the .NET Framework assembly 'WindowsBase, PresentationCore, PresentationFramework' in the reference list. CompositeUI.Windows"

But it doesn't give any build error, when the targeted framework is 3.0. But Microsoft.Uii.Practices.CompositeUI and Microsoft.Uii.Practices.ObjectBuilder are targeted to run on 4.0.

Please can I have your comments on these errors?

Thanks,
tSampath

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 06:14:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Setting up Customer Care Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 [crmcca:261296]

You MUST use the version linked in the documentation. (http://wpfcab.codeplex.com/releases/view/2005)
When you download WPF Cab from codeplex, You need to open it with Visual Studio 2010, Upgrade the project, and update the framework version to .net 4.
The specific project you are interested in is CompositeUI.Windows. In the CompositeUI.Windows project, the instructions direct you to replace 2 project references… What you are actually doing there is replacing the references to the other 2 root level projects in the WPF Cab solution with versions that were built by the UII team.
CompositUI => Microsoft.Uii.Practices.CompositeUI
ObjectBuilder => Microsoft.Uii.Practices.ObjectBuilder
You will find the Microsoft.Uii Libs in the Framework directory that was installed with UII.
Following the instructions on updating the definition of a few methods, and compiling, you will get the assembly Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Windows.dll
Mattb-MSFT
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (crmcca@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email crmcca@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Jun 16, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Ahh,. Yea.. sorry

In the references for the CompositeUI.Windows project, you will find those assembles with an Alert Icon next to them.. in the properties for the assembly, set “Use Specific Version” to False.

That should sort it out.

Mattb-MSFT

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2011 at 10:23 AM

NP......:)

Finally I was able to setup CCA with the help of above response and I have some concerns with the output.

1. Screen is missing some UI elements such as tool bar buttons associated with dialer and some tab compared to your screens displayed in your blog. "Applications" and "Dynamic Applications" buttons are also disabled. Please click here to see my screen. So am I missing any deployment instruction?

2. I didn't triggered some of the steps related to "Configuring Citrix Application Settings" since Citrix application component is optional. So what is the important of Citrix Application component?

3. I am not clear the steps under the "Launch an Assembly in the Integrated Agent Desktop Hosted in IIS" in CCA deployment guide. What's is the workflow assembly? Is there any place to set this hosted application URL?

4. When I close any pop up window opened through the CRM interface(from CRM tab), system throws CRM error.

Please can have your comments on these concerns?

Thanks,

tSampath

Jun 16, 2011 at 3:43 PM

For #1,
You will find a section in the CCA Deployment guide called RI Scenario walkthough.. this goes though the various things that RI demonstrates.

In a practical sense… the view you are showing is correct.. to get it to “do something”:

Dispatch cases to the Escalation team queue,
Click the dashboard tab
Refresh the case list in the upper left
Click a Case.

That will load and start a session, which will give you the look you see on my blog site.

In the deployment guide for CCA there is a section called “modifying the configuration” that covers turning on the CTI bits. Keep in mind that the CTI example shipped with CCA is for 32bit TAPI only. So it will not work on a 64bit machine or server.. it will appear however.

For #2,
You only need to worry about Citrix bits if you are hosting Citrix apps into CCA.

For #3,
This has to do with loading hosted controls from IIS at runtime if you want to, again you can disregard it if you don’t need to do it.

For #4,
Yes… CRM Does this from time to time. Its not CCA doing it, You can suppress it in CRM 2011 if you like.

Mattb-MSFT

Jun 22, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Edited Jun 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Hi,

System generated an error when I hit the "Deploy" button in RIConfigLoader application. The error message says:

---------------------------
Error
There was an error while creating Escalation Team.
The team belongs to a different business unit than the role.
OK  

Further I checked my CRM. It has Escalation Team created but there are no Roles assigned to it. Also the system has created records of UII Hosted Applications, UII Workflows, UII Workflow Steps.

My questions are:

1. What is the cause of the error shown above?

2. When I build AgentDesktop Project in Microsoft.Crm.Accelerator.Cca.AgentDesktop solution, I get 25044 errors.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Ajay Chawla

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:23 PM

For #1:
The RI Deploy tool is trying to create the escalation team,  if there is already one there it’s going to fail. Which, based on the error is the case with your CRM environment.

For #2:
Off the top of my head… it sounds like you didn’t build Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Window.dll first.

Did you ?

MattB.

Jun 24, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Thanks for the replies.

For #1:
No, there is only 1 Escalation team. Though the system generated the error message but it has managed to create a team named "Escalation Team". Also I had to manually activate the 3 Processes (2 Dialogs & 1 Workflow)

For #2:
Yes, I build Microsoft.Practices.CompositeUI.Window but I think i missed to Paste the dll at the appropriate location. AgentDesktop project has build successfully now.

Thanks once again

Ajay Chawla

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:28 AM

I am looking for a user guide for CCA R2 and found that full documentation is unavailable, when I clicked ”Full Documentation” link at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Uii\CCA\HTML\Documentation.htm. Is there any place to download/get some kind of user guide?

Thanks,

Thushara M

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Hi.,

How to integrating citrix application in CCA. I have notepad application in citrix server.

Client side I want to access that notepad in cca agent desktop..?

Any Idea..?

lings

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Hi Sampath.,

I try to hosting citrix server application into CCA. server is hosted fine, I want to access that server notepad, cals application..

Anyone help me please..

lings

Aug 11, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Sorry.. I haven't tried citrix bit yet...

tSampath

Aug 30, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Thanks MattB for your solution it wored for me.