The Customer Care Accelerator for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Some News that we can now talk about, and share.

With the launch of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and the upcoming release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premises around the corner, I thought it might be a good time to highlight some new capabilities in the next release of the Customer Care Accelerator (CCA R2) for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.   Here are a few highlights to help you be prepared and knowledgeable on the CCA R2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.

• ·         The Customer Care Accelerator R1 will continue to fully Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
  • ·         The Customer Care Accelerator R2 and User Interface Integration (UII) for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is scheduled to be released on April 15, 2011.
  • ·         The Customer Care Accelerator R2 and UII will fully support Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On-Premises.
  • ·         The UII framework will support all of the authentication models supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, including Active Directory, IFD (Internet Facing Deployment), Live (for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online) and partial support for Claims (Security Assertion Markup Language -- please see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 SDK and Installation documentation for more information on Claims/SAML support).
  • ·         The Customer Care Accelerator R2 and UII for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 have been updated to .net 4.
  • ·         The Customer Care Accelerator R2 will include updated and restructured reference implementation, providing several prebuilt scenarios to help partners and customers get a jumpstart on learning how to work with the building blocks within the UII. As an example, one of the scenarios will include creating user sessions from various activity types in CRM, and using UII tasks to create cases.
  • ·         The Hosted Application Toolkit (HAT) will be updated for .net 4.0 and the .net 4.0 workflow engine.
  • ·         HAT will fully support Visual Studio 2010

MattB-MSFT

Feb 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Is there any plans for beta versions, we need to integrate with the CCA R2 in a project which should be live in end of May, so we need to start configuring on a beta version, will this be available, and if so when?

Feb 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Per the Program management team, There are no plans for an external beta at this time,
Functionally UII R2 is not significantly different then UII R1, aside from now being based on .net 4.
The CCA example shell has been heavily updated with new scenarios and examples to help folks learn how to work with the Uii more quickly.

Additionally, as I said above. HAT has been reworked based on .net 4.

Mattb-msft.

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Hi Matt,

Will CCA R1 work with CRM 2011.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajee

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:29 PM

R1 will work with CRM 4.0,

R2 will work with CRM 2011,

R1 will NOT work directly with CRM 2011,
IE: you cannot install R1 onto CRM 2011.

However, if you do go through an upgrade from CRM 4 (with R1 installed) R1 will work, though management will be a bit clunky.

Mattb-MSFT

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Any news on when CCA R2 (an UII) for CRM 2011 will be released? Will it be tomorrow, as planned?

Thanks.

Apr 15, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Any news about the CCA R2, it's the 15th and nothing is out yet?

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I'd love an update on this too, we're in a holding pattern until this releases :)

Apr 17, 2011 at 5:04 AM

Is it me, or did the release get pushed back? I hope no later than Monday as I'm also in a bit of a holding pattern as well.

Apr 25, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Is there an update on the release date?

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Hey all,
Sorry for the silence on this up till now, however there is only so much I can say about schedules and such without clearance from the folks then own them...

So where is UII for CRM 2011? It is completed, and the bits have been handed off to the marketplace team for publishing.
How long till its where you can get it..? All I can say on that is “Soon

I will post an update and a link when it hits the public space.

MattB-MSFT

Apr 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Last year i´m had implemented the CCA in a client, i think that it would be released new features and improved other things. And now the update of CCA just works with CRM 2011.

I expected update for CRM 4.

May 4, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Customer Care Accelerator for CRM 2011 has been released on  the Dynamics Marketplace.

http://dynamics-crm.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-us/applications/customer-care-accelerator-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884914795

May 5, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Indeed, It finished replicating to all the external sites last night…
Iv posted a blog about it here : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mbarbour/archive/2011/05/04/customer-care-accelerator-for-microsoft-crm-2011-released.aspx

MattB-msft

May 5, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Love your blog Matt  - Great stuff on CCA/CTI. I read your post on Google Reader.

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Hi Matt, I am trying to understand what Dynamic CRM 2011 CALs are required to use CCA R2.

Is an ESS CAL sufficient?

I understand the restrions on an ESS CAL with respect to the entities that can be used to on the server (through the API), but it is not clear where UII fits in.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:29 PM

You need at least a Limited cal lic for each user for using CCA inside CRM.

CRM rules take precedence at the end of the day, so if your customizing or adding / removing data in CRM entities then the other license types are required.. to be sure, for your solution, you should check with your MS Account rep.. they will be able to confirm with you how much of which type you need.

Thanks !

Mattb-msft

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Hi Matt, I've been testing out Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and came across this accelerator when I was looking into CTI.

R2 seems to be broken as LiveID has been replaced with Office 365 authentication... Do you have any plans about updating it? or perhaps you could give me a few hints on how we could adapt it to the new method.

From what I understand it seems to be quite easy to implement the new connection method, the main problem is that whole engine uses the AuthenticationService which is locked inside Microsoft.Uii.AifServices.dll

Thanks in advance!

Ric
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Edited Jun 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
Hi TecZ,

Above is CCA R1, If you want to use it with CRM 2011 and Office 365 you can download CCA R2 from given link.

Download Link

Thanks,
Abhinav
Jun 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Many thanks Abhinav, it seems to be connecting now. However it's now saying "APPLICATION_HOST_ERR_NO_CONFIGURED_APPS: No applications are configured for your use."

I followed the UII Deployment Guide and had a quick look on the web but I can't find how to get it to work. Does anyone know?

Thanks,
Ric
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Seems like there are no applications hosted for your agent desktop.

You can go to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Uii\CCA\Source Code\Data\CCA Data" to import Reference implementations solution in CRM

and then run RI Config Loader (this project will be part of same Visual Studio Solution as Agent Desktop)
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Ah, that's what's missing then. See the problem is that I can't connect with the RI Loader, it gives me the following error message:
"Unable to retrieve the organizations from the Discovery Service."

I've tried using https://disco.crm4.dynamics.com/ , https://*ourcompany*.crm4.dynamics.com/ and https://disco.crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc
but I always get the same error message.
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I think somehow RI Loader is still using the old LiveId authentication because it's throwing the same exception as AgentDesktop was before the hotfix: (Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.)
Jul 14, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Here is a resource that I have always found useful when it comes to seeking guidance and sustainable solutions to all issues related to all versions of dynamics AX. I think you guys should also check it out http://dynamics.folio3.com/apps/