Change the layout of IAD

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi Community,

I have been asked to change the layout of applciations in the Desktop. Currently any new application opened for a session is rendered in a new tab. I want to be able to show applications inside Panels within a tab. This can be made static but would prefer a generic solution where this can be driven by configuration, just like we specify "mainpanel" during configuring a hosted application.

I am sure this is possible, but having limited knowledge of WPF I am not sure where to start. I have had a look at the source code and can see that the applications are loaded into a WpfPanel container called "MainPanel" but the functionality of this container is defined in Microsoft Uii library I do not have source access to.

Can anyone guide me to the right direction on this please?

Thanks,

Aman

Jan 14, 2011 at 1:27 PM

The class in question is the WpfHostedControl.

Currently, that class supports only tabbing type behaviors when hosted controls or applications are added to it. It is not something that is developer modifiable at this time.

The way we have recommend folks do this in the past is to build a panel with multiple WpfHostedControl panels on it, and target the hosted control to one of these sub areas. in the desktop services class ( if you’re looking at CCA’s sample code ) you will find an override called BeforeApplicationCreate, You can update the InitString at that point to change the hosting location in the desktop… which should approximate what you’re looking to do .

Additionally, You can apply a Style Sheet to the WpfHostedControl to alter the layout and look if the tabs

MattB-msft