UII install failing

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:55 PM

I downloaded the UII bits and ran the installer.  Failed with 2869.  Created BAT file with msiexec command per other posts and ran as admin, still 2869.  Disabled UAC and ran as admin, still 2869.  I have the log file from the failed install (/L*v on msiexec) if anyone can help.

Need to get this loaded for an upcoming CCF to CCA conversion project.

Any help appreciated.

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:56 PM

This is on Windows 7 Ultimate with current patches.

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:35 PM

When you install Uii, which options are you using?

MattB.

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Selected Typical.  Installation showed all pre-reqs were in place.

Then tried Custom and selected only the first two options (Framework and HAT I think).  Failed for the same reason.

Could there be a remnant left on the system from an earlier install of UII?  Anything on the system was uninstalled and I verified that folders were not present.

Nov 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Which Version of Visual Studio do you have on your machine?
Please run a custom install and install only the framework, samples, doc's and HAT,  and add the logging flags.

If you could post the log file so we can see it.

thx!

MattB.

Nov 15, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I have both VS2008 and VS2010 on my machine.

Will post a log for installation with those 4 components tomorrow.

Appreciate the assistance.

Nov 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM

The log is 1.3MB so I put it on SkyDrive.

http://cid-8ffea481d2027403.office.live.com/embedicon.aspx/.Public/uii-install.log

Let me know if it's not visible and I can email.

Nov 16, 2010 at 6:16 PM

If you uncheck HAT your install should progress, HAT is failing to install on your environment,
This is likely because its trying to install on VS2010, which HAT does not support

Checking to see of I can find a work around for doing a standalone install of HAT onto VS 08 only.

MattB>

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Unchecking HAT did the trick.  Let me know if you find the stand-alone HAT installation.  It is required for CCA correct?

Nov 17, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Hat is not “required” to use CCA.

HAT is a Workflow based designer for building Automations… effectively a simpler way to do what we do in code.

You don’t lose any functional features w/out HAT. Just tooling.

MattB.