Issues with Hosting a Windows App

Oct 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Hi

I have an interesting problem where I'm hosting a Windows application within CCA and trying to pass values from CRM controls to the Windows App controls using a HAT workflow developed in VS2008.

The problem is, although I've successfully captured the controls of the windows app in VS 2008 using the the App Inspector, the HAT workflow fails to set the controls at runtime.....

Does anyone have any tips on 1. How to ensure control bindings are correctly identified for a Win App in the CCA, 2. How to set up the debugger in this instance, 3. Hosting and using HAT with Win Apps in CCA in general (gotcha's etc.)?

(It's worth mentioning my Win App has an 'splash' screen which authenticates the user before getting to the 'main windows' where the controls live that I'm trying to set. I'm also hosting the Win App with the 'hosted outside' setting)

I can include my control binding xml if required.

Thanks for your help. 

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Also, does anyone know how to set controls of type 'COMBO BOX' in a windows app via SetControlValue?

Oct 26, 2010 at 4:57 AM

Ok, I've made some progress using the UII Debugger and also debugging my workflow in VS.

My issue now is setting values in combobox controls in my Windows App via my HAT Workflow - specifically SetControlValue does not seam to work (it works on the textboxes in the same app just fine).

After much research I see that the WinDDA control for my combobox is a <AccSelector> as opposed to the <AccControl> for the text box.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to set values in the <AccSelector>? It looks like SetControlValue is geared for <AccControl> only.......

Anybody?????????? plse help!