How to set up & use the UII Debugger

Aug 2, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Hi, I can't find any information on how to set up & use the UII Debugger in Sample Applications. The project builds successfully, and I imagine that I need to create a Hosted Application record in CRM, but I have no idea what URI etc to use.

Am I missing something, the doc doesn't appear to cover the debugger at all? Any guidance much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Aug 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hi Neil, I have installed the UII Debugger successfully.. you have to follow this steps:

1. First, you have to go to C:\Program Files/Microsoft UII/Quickstats/Sample Applications/UII Debugger/

2. Open in VisualStudio the Visual C# Project File named Microsoft.Uii.Samples.UiiDebugger and when the project is open completely, you have to Build the project.

3. Now  you have to go to C:\Program Files/Microsoft UII/Quickstats/Sample Applications/UII Debugger/bin/Release/ and copy the following generated files:

Microsoft.Uii.Samples.UiiDebugger.dll   (Application Extension)

Microsoft.Uii.Samples.UiiDebugger      (Program Debug Database)

4. Paste that files into the Agent Desktop folder:

c:\Program Files/Microsoft Uii/CCA/Source Code/Agent Desktop/bin/Release/

5. Now you have to create a new Hosted Application in CRM (just like you figured out):

GENERAL

Name: UII Debugger

Hosted Application Type: Hosted Control

Application is Global: Yes

DisplayGroup: Floating Tool

Application is Dynamic: Yes

User Can Close: Yes

Show in Toolbar DropDown: Yes

HOSTING

Assembly URI: Microsoft.Uii.Samples.UiiDebugger

Assembly Type: Microsoft.Uii.Samples.UiiDebugger.UiiDebugger

Finnally, you have to try your Uii Debugger.. It will appear when you clic on Dynamic Applications Button...

Tell me if this post helps you.

Regards.

analaurette

Aug 2, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Hi Analaurette,

That works perfectly, thank you so much!

I was missing the step of copying the UiiDebugger dll to the Agent Desktop bin folder.

Thanks again,

Neil

Aug 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Thanks for the detailed steps Analaurette

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:18 PM

hi Analaurette,

Thank u very much..!