Hat automation: bad data transfer to lookup filed in CRM form

Jul 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hello,

I have 2 MS CRM forms hosted in CCA.

With workflow automation I tranfer data from text field of CRM form 1 to lookup field of CRM form 2.

Data was transfer, but with the following inconvenience:

my data in lookup field of CRM form 2 appear after I set focus to this field and then out from remove focus from this field.

Why it's happening?

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM

This happens because there is a label present at the same location. To work around this, add a binding for the lable itself, and do an "ExectueControlAction" on the label before setting the value in the text box.

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I do not quite understand what lablel you mean - lable of lookup field?

Maximum that I could do is that add ExectueControlAction to Lookup button field. And text data tranfered correctly, but lookup field was opened - and this not good.

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:03 PM

The simplest way to explain that is to say that CRM has a 2 step focus process, You need to set focus on a cell in a CRM form ( specifically a cell that has behavior, IE: a lookup or pick list ) before you can see data you put in it.

By calling “ExecuteControlAction” with no data passed in, on a Field in a web form, it actually does a “Set Focus”.

So functionally, what that works out as is :

(ControlFinder on Field1 ) == true : Means: I found the control on the form,
(ExecuteControlAction on Field1 – No data ) : Means : Set focus on Field1,
(ExecuteControlAction on Field1 – “Value” ) : Means : Set the value of Field1 to “Value”

Make sense?

MattB-Msft.