Problems using controls found with Application Inspector

Jul 8, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Hi I wonder if someone can help?

I'm testing with a windows application and I'm having problems using the controls that I have defined using Application Inspector.  The application is a windows client to a Progress database (Prowin32.exe).

There are two main problems:

1. Some (but not all) "editable text" controls created with Application Inspector (and that can be found again successfully with it) cannot be found when running the application with HAT Test Harness or in the IAD itself.
  2. The values of controls that can be found can be read successfully but when set only the display value appears to be changed - as far as the application is concerned the value in the control has not changed.  "Executing" the control makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Regards

--

Simon

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM

More on this - The problem seems to be when a control is (somewhat) deeply nested.

Application Inspector gives the description listed below for the control I want to use but I don't seem to be able to get to controls inside the 3rd "ProFrame" Level to work properly in HAT Test Harness or the IAD.  The XML Application Inspector produces seems to correspond with the windows structure displayed by Spy++ OK.

If I modify the XML by hand using slightly different criteria for finding controls at this depth (using Spy++ to find them) HAT Test Harness appears to read controls from unexpected locations in the window hierachy.  UII documentation on what is possible is extremely sparse and seems to contain a number of errors and typos though....

Anyone else having this sort of problem?

Regards

--

Simon

<AccControl name="Customer Ref" type="editable text">
          <Path>
            <FindWindow>
              <Find>
                <Class>ProClientWin</Class>
              </Find>
              <Find>
                <Class>ProFrame</Class>
              </Find>
              <Find match="2">
                <Class>ProFrame</Class>
              </Find>
              <Find match="4">
                <Class>ProFrame</Class>
              </Find>
              <Find match="3">
                <Class>Edit</Class>
              </Find>
            </FindWindow>
          </Path>
        </AccControl>

Aug 5, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Hi!

I have the same problem! i´m using progress too!

I think to call only the window that have the controls, with this it will olny show in ProMainWin.

I have a request with progress support to do this.

Jan 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Just out of curiosity did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Also whilst I could read values from the controls that I could find I could not set values - did you have that problem?