CCA Outside Dynamics CRM

Jul 1, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Hi guys!

We was a user of CCF and now we realized that it was reformated inthe an Dynamics CRM accelerator. Well, actually as the MS page said, it was made due to partners request. Well, we at our company dont like it.

So, is there any way to we can have the accelerator, HAT, AIF and any other features without the MS CRM dependency? We cant ask our customers to move from CCF2009 to this when the lifecycle of the product ends if they need to buy MS CRM. Our customers already has their own CRM(some of them use MS CRM), other use CRM from other vendors.

Most of the code in this accelerator is just a sample. The good features that we had on CCF are now inside CRM Uii(HAT, AIF, etc).

I appreciate the help. Also, if it is not possible, does anyone know any other framework that make something similar to it without dependencies?

Thanks!

Gutemberg Ribeiro

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM

CCF ended life with version 2009sp1, QFE (which was released in November of 09). There will be no future development on it. The Core engine of CCF has been rebranded UII for Dynamics CRM and can be found here. It is dependent on a CRM server as the CRM Server has replaced the CCF server.

CCA is an updated version of the WPF reference desktop that was provided with CCF 2009sp1 QFE

We do support the use of UII\CCA based on a CRM Limited Cal model, as long as you are using ONLY the UII feature set. You are not required to use the CRM server for anything other than base functions of xRM with the UII extensions. From a cost perspective, this is quite similar to the legacy pricing of CCF.

However, should you choose to use the out of the box entity structure, or build your own entities, you are required to appropriately license CRM.

MattB-MSFT

Jul 12, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Hi MattB,

Thanks for the response. I am also looking at the option of using UII\CCA for a client. Just to be sure, do I need to deploy MS CRM server if I only need the UII features?

Thanks in advance.

Jacky

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Yes. The CRM Server is required as it replaces the CCF Server. However UII does not use the “CRM” functions of the CRM server, only the xRM functions.

MattB.

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

Just more one quick question. We use Visual Studio 2010 and seems that CCA and UII are for 2008. Is there any way to install all the toolset on VS2010?

Thanks

Jul 15, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Not at this time…

HAT (the tool set in question) is built on GAX, which is not supported under VS2010 yet. As I understand it, this will be dealt with the next release of UII. I don’t have a time frame though.

General Development for UII ( non HAT ) with VS2010 works just fine, just target the .net 3.5 platform.

MattB-MSFT

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Is it possible to use UII based on a CRM Employee Self Service (ESS) CAL?

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hi,

Do we have HAT available for VS 2010 now?

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2012 at 12:08 AM

HAT is available for VS 2010 via CCA R2,   which is found here

** Note this is CRM 2011 only **

Mattb .

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Hi,

I have already installed CCA R2. But I do not see guidance package as a new project option in VS 2010. What is missing?

Thanks!