Sessions with different hosted applications

Jun 17, 2010 at 12:53 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Hello.

I want to have some hosted application, which will be shown only in a certian type of sessions. For example I want to show account form in a seesion, if corresponding accoun name is "Alex".

How can I achieve this performance ?

Thanks.

Vahag

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I’m not sure I understand your question…

You want to show an App, only if a specific condition exists in the session?

Or you want be able to create Sessions from other Hosted applications?

MattB.

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Yes, I want to show specific hosted application if a specific conition exists in the session. For example  I have 2 web hosted applications, one of which is contact form, the other is account form. I want to show only contact form in specific types of sessions.

Vahag

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:58 PM

You will need to create a controller control, Usually a hidden control, that is the thing that’s going to make these sorts of decisions based on the customer / session data or workflow state.

As part of the control add an interface ref to the IDesktopUserActionsConsumer interface and implement it. You will also want to wire up the Session Manager events, and context overrides.

From there you can listen to the session and determine if you need to take some action..
For example if the customer type ( from the search or some other update to the context ) is Type “A” and type “A” means I need to show APP “FOO”, you would use the IDesktopUserActions.CreateDynamicApplication(appname) to create it in your env. You also can check to see if its already there and set focus to it using the IDesktopUserActions.SetFocus(appname), or check to see if its current in the UI using the IDesktopUserActions.AppExistsInUI(appname)

The catch is… J

The App you want to create dynamically needs to be tagged as “Dynamic” in UII config, also if you want to close it after you have created it, you need to flag it as User Closable.

MattB.

Jun 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I have done it, thank you for your help :)