Forms Authentication

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:50 AM

Hi ,

I am trying to setup the authentication Type as forms authentication to logon to "agentdesktop". When I pass my administrator credentials on the splash screen a web exception is thrown with a message "401 unauthorized". Can somebody guide me to figure out the problem.

Thx in Advance.

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Hi ,

1. Did you configure your server for IFD?

2. You also need to change the Server URL for the app.config in the agent desktop. 

<add key="crmServiceUrl" value="http://crmserver/MSCrmServices/2007/SPLA/CrmDiscoveryService.asmx"/>

Hope this helps!

Prashanthi.

Jun 10, 2010 at 6:59 AM

thx for the response .

I am not using IFD at the moment. Just wanted to test the forms authentication using the On-Premise deployment.I have changed the authenticationType to "forms" replacing "windows" and I see a splash screen to enter credentials.When i enter my credentials it gives me a web exception and a message 401 unauthorized. I am the admin of the system and have full rights.Any directive to resolve will be appreciated.

Thx in Advance

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM

hi ,

The forms based authentication is meant to be used for the IFD.

If your requirement is to connect to a CRM in another domain (using non default network credentials).

You should use a different override method to connect to CRM. This is in AgentDesktop ->MainWindows.xaml.cs

<font size="2">

authenticationService.Connect(

</font>ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["crmServiceUrl"],

ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["organizationName"], new NetworkCredential("username","password","domainname"), false);

Thanks,

Prashanthi.

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Hi,

thx prashs for the reply.

I tried the above but unfortunately to no avail.

My requirement is as follows.

I want to set up the agent desktop on client machines who are users in CRM.All the machines are in a LAN and its an on-premise deployment (no IFD yet). What needs to be installed on the user machines to run the agent desktop? if possible an offline chat will be much appreciated to resolve the issue. 

Thx in Advance.

Jun 10, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Sure. You could send me an email and we can take it from there.

prashs616[@]hotmail[dot]com. Or ping me online.

Thanks,

Prashanthi.