Eliminating Duplicate Data Entry

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:03 AM

HI!

Where can i take example of workflows for eliminating duplicate data entry for excel? Or any exmaple of workfolw for this task?

>>

Eliminating Duplicate Data Entry: Organizations can streamline business processes by creating desktop automation workflows. Process automation eliminates the need for agents to re-enter the same data in multiple applications. Minimizing duplication helps to reduce human error and ensures a consistent customer service experience. 

Thanks for any help.

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:29 AM

You can refer to the "Hosted Application Toolkit" section in the UII Development Guide.

Jun 3, 2010 at 3:25 PM
Edited Jun 7, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Tahnks for help, Muditv.

Can you tell how i can add created in VisualStudio Automation workflow to CRM?

Created application apperas in CRM after i deploy whem, but how to link it to crated workflow?

I can't find it in Deployment guide (Development guide said go to Deployment guide but where is no example- only description).

Thank you for any help.

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM

You need to create an Action and assosiate the workflow with the action.

The default action will execute as soon as the application loads. The other actions can be configured to execute with a workflow step or through code or from another workflow.

You can find the details on configuring an action in the UII deployment guide.

UII Administration --> Managing a Hosted Application --> Creating an Action.

Jun 7, 2010 at 11:58 AM
Edited Jun 7, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Thanks for the reply, Muditv.

I solved this problem, but now i have another:

On start my application - automation can't load my dll. It show me next error:

6/4/2010 2:43:46 AM: Notepad: AutomationAdapter (app=Notepad,action=default): Exception while starting action: Microsoft.Uii.Common.TypeProvider.TypeProviderException: TPV010: Unable to retrieve type file://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CCATest\LiveLookup_Automation\bin\debug\LiveLookup_Automation.dll

this dll exist, but can't be loaded by IAD.

I found what I need to remove ".dll" from end of filename but it doesn't help.

Thank you for any help.

Jun 8, 2010 at 5:03 AM

Hi ,

I am new to CCA and putting lot of effort to learn it. I highly appreciate if you can help me to answer the following questions.

I am following the example in using HAT sofware factory in the documentation.

1.Created new UII Hosting solution.

2.Added to applications Live.com and Notepad.

3. With application inspector selected the UI controls from both applications  (just following the example)

4.  Created automation project as per the example.

I have the following questions.

1. where is UII Studio

2. For setControlValue activity what value has to be entered for ControlValue property.

3. Do I have to create UII Actions for both Notepad and Live.com hosted applications in CRM. 

4. In Automation section of UII Action what dropdown value has to be selected for automation mode.

5.  If I set automation mode to "Use workflow assembly"  what value has to be entered in workflow assembly type.

6.  What has to be entered in Extensions XML tab.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Jun 8, 2010 at 7:15 AM

6/4/2010 2:43:46 AM: Notepad: AutomationAdapter (app=Notepad,action=default): Exception while starting action: Microsoft.Uii.Common.TypeProvider.TypeProviderException: TPV010: Unable to retrieve type file://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CCATest\LiveLookup_Automation\bin\debug\LiveLookup_Automation.dll

Looks like you have only specified the dll name. You need to specify "type, dll"
For instance, if the workflow class is LiveLookup_Automation.Workflow1, then you need to enter the following in the Workflow Assembly Type text box -

LiveLookup_Automation.Workflow1, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CCATest\LiveLookup_Automation\bin\debug\LiveLookup_Automation.dll

Jun 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Thank you very much, Muditv.

This is really helps!