The remote name could not be resolved

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Hi, i am install CCA, but then i create any hosted/non-hosted application or workflow or anything else i get following exception:

The remote name could not be resolved: 'crm'

I'm find  that it can may be problem with proxy, i put in my web.config of crm next strings (with my proxy name and port):

<system.net>

<defaultProxy>

<proxy usesystemdefault="False" proxyaddress="http://your-proxy-name.domain.com:port-number-if-any" bypassonlocal="True" autoDetect="False" />

</defaultProxy> 

</system.net>

but it's not help.

Thank you for any help.

P.S. The part of trace is here:

>Web Service Plug-in failed in SdkMessageProcessingStepId: {D315E72E-50EF-4CB1-9FCB-D02003DD22DB}; EntityName: uii_workflow; Stage: 10; MessageName: Create; AssemblyName: Microsoft.Uii.Customization.Plugin.RestrictDataDuplicationPlugin, Microsoft.Uii.Customization.Plugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35; ClassName: Microsoft.Uii.Customization.Plugin.RestrictDataDuplicationPlugin; Exception: Unhandled Exception: System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'crm'   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.InternalInvoke(MethodInfo methodInfo, Object[] parameters)   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.SdkTypeProxyCrmServiceWrapper.Execute(Object request)   at Microsoft.Uii.Customization.Plugin.RestrictDataDuplicationPlugin.ExecuteQuery(IPluginExecutionContext context, DynamicEntity entity, DynamicEntity preImageEntity, ICrmService service, QueryExpression query)   at Microsoft.Uii.Customization.Plugin.RestrictDataDuplicationPlugin.Execute(IPluginExecutionContext context)   at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.PluginStep.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context).[2010-06-01 02:49:35.4] Process: w3wp |Organization:f4a3b42b-a822-420d-ad93-8c981051f983 |Thread:    5 |Category: Platform |User: e3ba9626-c625-40e8-84d8-239dd894a0d6 |Level: Verbose | ExecutionContext.OnErrorRequest at ExecutionContext.OnErrorRequest() at ExternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(String messageName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, PropertyBag fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId) at RequestBase.Process(Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId) at RequestBase.Process(CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId) at CrmServiceInternal.Execute(RequestBase request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId) at InProcessCrmService.Execute(Object request) at PlatformCommand.ExecuteInternal() at CreateCommand.Execute() at EntityProxy.Create(Boolean performDuplicateCheck) at EntityProxy.CreateAndRetrieve(String columnSet, Boolean performDuplicateCheck) at AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId eventId) at EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) at CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, String formType) at CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) at DetailPage.ConfigureForm() at AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at Page.ProcessRequest() at Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) at Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at andproject_userdefined_edit_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) at ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) at HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) at HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(HttpWorkerRequest wr) at ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:06 PM

Dynamics crm 4.0 is a fresh installation? are you using any migrated db ? Is "Crm" the server name ? Looks like the meta data in the database has 'crm' as server name .

Arul

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Hi, Arul.

1)CRM 4.0 doesn't fresh installation it contains several customuzations.

2)No i don't use migrated DB.

3)The server name is "crm-srv-01"

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM

from the error , it is clear that plugin looks for a server name 'crm' . If you have access to Crm database , can you go to 'MSCRM_CONFIG' database -> "DeploymentProperties" table -> see the records and look for record with ColumnName as "AdSdkRootDomain" and check the NVarCharColumn , it should have the proper server name . Just to confirm if the server name is proper in the crm config.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

The value is "CRM-SRV-01:5555"

May be symbol "-" in server name is reason of exception?

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:23 PM

I came across a similar thread in MScrm developer blogs .

http://mscrm-developer.blogspot.com/2009/06/could-not-verify-version-of-microsoft.html

Try this .

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Thank you very much, Arul!

This really helpfull:

To resolve this issue, simply add the entry in HOST file.
Browse "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\" and open the HOSTS file in notepad and add the below entry at the end of the file :
127.0.0.1 crm